AgroStar - Head - Product (10-12 yrs)
Head of Product
The Head of Product Management leads the Product Management team with a focus on enhancing the definition and growth of the product in its market. The Head of Product Management is the primary driver of Agrostar vision; overseeing the development and management of the product's roadmap based on the adopted strategies and vision.
- The position demands the individual in its occupation to be a highly analytical individual who is able to work quite effectively in a matrix environment.
Objectives and Responsibility :
- Overseeing the innovation and improvement of the business's product as well as the day-to-day product activities in such a way that ensures that the product is constantly growing to suit the consumers- needs. Ensuring that necessary steps are being taken to make any modifications that are being made in the product or strategy in order to bring out the best results for the business.
- At this capacity, essentially responsible for identifying opportunities that lead to the growth of the product through innovation while still maintaining the fundamental business goals/priorities.
- A high level of collaboration with different departments and different levels will be required. Need to engage with other product departmental leaders in order to align and execute product strategies and ensure that each department receives the right level of support due from its colleagues.
- Work very closely with the engineering department, design, sales, marketing, and other departments to deliver the business's product into the market.
Product/Market Evaluation :
- Responsible for spearheading investigation and analyses on the product and the product market. The candidate is then expected to process this information, identify opportunities, and present these to the leadership team.
Problem Resolution :
- Apart from identification, responsibility to resolve strategic issues, which potentially impair the whole department's ability to meet the product's financial, strategic, and technical goals.
Education : Master's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, or an equivalent in working experience.
- The candidate must have 10-12 years of experience in product management or project management in complex/matrix environments.
- Preferably; this experience will be inclusive of at least 5 years experience in leading product teams and product strategy.
Communication Skills : Excellent communication skills are a must for this position. The position is a supervisory position and communication must be effective down the line in order to ensure the proper execution of the roles/functions in all junior positions.
Leadership/People Skills :
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to move his peers as well as his juniors and have them follow a common vision. Great leadership should further be coupled with excellent people skills.
- People skills are what will makes people want to follow him and readily and happily apply his directives; hence improving the cohesion and functionality of the Product Management department.
Analytical Skills :
- Should be able to demonstrate a high level of analytical and quantitative skills. He should possess the ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case.
- The Head of Product Management also has to have strong financial analytical capabilities that are used to further develop informed product strategies, which subsequently improves product performance.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.