Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist at Agrostar
Views:2762 Applications:451 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:442
AgroStar - Head - Operations - IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (5-10 yrs)
AgroStar is India's foremost AgTech start-up with a mission of #HelpingFarmersWin through right advisory and solutions, powered by data and technology. It was started with a vision to solve two of the biggest problems in Indian agriculture - Lack of guidance for healthy and sustainable farming AND limited access to quality farm inputs for consistent and qualitative farming. With technology at its core, we have built an innovative & sustainable ecosystem that includes products such as a customized enterprise sales solutions that maps data of farmers' crop life cycles, India's first online farmer community, online agri-advisory with online shopping for inputs and an incomparable logistics solution for last mile rural connectivity.
We have procured and partnered with leading national and international brands for major agri-inputs like seeds, crop nutrition, crop protection and farm implements, that are needed for farming and we deliver them at the doorstep of farmers. Thus, our efforts at AgroStar are focused to become the driving force to equip our farmers with the power of knowledge to farm better and smarter, through technology and up to date expert advice.
The company is funded by prominent VCs like Bertelsmann India, IDG Venture Partners, Aavishkaar Ventures and Accel Partners. AgroStar is the winner of Economic Times' Best Startup Award 2016, under the 'Social Enterprise' category.
Headquartered in Pune, AgroStar has current operations in Gujarat and Maharashtra and Rajasthan.
- Our mission is - Helping Farmers Win
- Our reach has been to more than 17 Lac+ farmers and counting.
- Our association has been with 160 brands across the category of seeds, crop protection, crop nutrition and farm implements.
- Our results include making more than 350 agri products available at the doorstep of farmers.
- Our daily calls from across three States are approximately 4000+ to enquire about their concerns on crop diseases, agronomy advice, farming tips, mandi price, weather information & product related queries free of cost and by senior agri experts - through our interactive Farmers APP or a simple missed call on our Toll Free number.
- Our technology team gives the best technological solutions to support the farmers and the internal teams. One such powerful tool is the AgroStar android app. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ulink.agrostar)
In The Media :
Fortune | Economic Times | Agribusiness Global | Yourstory | Entrepreneur |
Our Team :
We are a team of highly motivated individuals, who are willing to push beyond the ceiling, initiate new ideas and take challenges head on. Apart from coffee, working in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic work culture is what we passionate souls thrive on. We ride against the tide as time is never enough and there's always more to do.
Our mission of - Helping Farmers Win- is a tall task as we try to bring change and development to the grassroots of India. We need heroes who are dedicated to the mission, live the dream and drive it with passion.
About the role :
Key Responsibilities :
- Build out and directly lead an operations organization across India to enable AgroStar to scale
- Work closely with fulfillment centre and last mile delivery teams helping define region level supply growth and management goals and strategy to achieve them
- Develop acquisition and life cycle engagement strategy for our last mile partners and execute this strategy through data-driven analytics and focused incentive plans
- Motivate and leverage existing and new staff across levels and regions to continually up-level their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics
- Work closely in a matrixed environment with procurement, marketing and sales teams to ensure smooth end to end operations
As an ideal Head of Operations candidate, you will need:
- Btech / MBA from a Tier 1 school
- 5-10 years of experience in e-commerce / FMCG companies
- Deep, hands-on management of functions that included combinations of the following: operations, supply chain, warehousing, operations planning and project management is expected.
- Excellent understanding of P&L
- Unparalleled business judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- High energy and motivational leadership driven by personal influence and example with direct staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Strong experience managing teams across multiple offices and territories
- Desired personality traits of being a self-learner, collaborator and extra miler
- Ability to own and execute with a Hands-on attitude
We are looking for enthusiastic intrapreneurs who want to work at the - grass root- level and want to make a difference to India's biggest sector. We hope this excites you as much as us and looking forward to the next few conversations.