HR at AgroStar
Views:1739 Applications:418 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
AgroStar - Chief of Staff (5-8 yrs)
AgroStar is India's foremost AgTech start-up with a mission of #HelpingFarmersWin through right advisory and solutions, powered by data and technology. It was started with a vision to solve two of the biggest problems in Indian agriculture - Lack of guidance for healthy and sustainable farming AND limited access to quality farm inputs for consistent and qualitative farming.
With technology at its core, we have built an innovative & sustainable ecosystem that includes products such as a customized enterprise sales solutions that maps data of farmers' crop life cycles, India's first online farmer community, online agri-advisory with online shopping for inputs and an incomparable logistics solution for last mile rural connectivity.
We have procured and partnered with leading national and international brands for major agri-inputs like seeds, crop nutrition, crop protection and farm implements, that are needed for farming and we deliver them at the doorstep of farmers. Thus, our efforts at AgroStar are focused to become the driving force to equip our farmers with the power of knowledge to farm better and smarter, through technology and up to date expert advice.
The company is funded by prominent VCs like Chiratae Venture Partners, Aavishkaar Ventures, Bertelsmann and Accel Partners. AgroStar also takes pride to have Snapdeal's Kunal Behl and Rohit Bansal as its early investors and mentors. AgroStar is the winner of Economic Times' Best Startup Award 2016, under the 'Social Enterprise' category.
In The Media :
| Fortune | Economic Times | Agribusiness Global | Yourstory | Entreprenuer | Tech Crunch
Our Team :
We are a team of highly motivated individuals, who are willing to push beyond the ceiling, initiate new ideas and take challenges head on. Apart from coffee, working in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic work culture is what we passionate souls thrive on. We ride against the tide as time is never enough and there's always more to do.
Our mission of - Helping Farmers Win- is a tall task as we try to bring change and development to the grassroots of India. We need heroes who are dedicated to the mission, live the dream and drive it with passion. If that sounds like you, here's more about the role:.
CHIEF OF STAFF CEO
A chief of staff is an impactful role, filled by someone with exceptional organizational and people skills, who handles all manner of tasks not covered by an existing member of an executive's leadership team or administrative staff.
Job Responsibilities :
At AgroStar, the Chief of Staff will work closely with founders and assist them in effective decision making including :
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of CEO/ senior leadership and departmental heads.
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation.
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity.
- Guide and oversee important projects within the Company.
- Assess inquiries directed to the CEO, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage.
- Ensure all issues are addressed properly, efficiently and judiciously, and keep track of progress until resolved.
- Identify potential opportunities for AgroStar to grow exponentially.
Job Requirements :
- Ability to get things done : Chiefs of Staff are incredibly driven to achieve results. They are tenacious in the face of adversity and carry a can-do attitude. Master organizers and project planners, they consistently look ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Strategic mind-set : Chiefs of Staff are natural problem solvers. They are analytical and structured in their thinking. They create order out of chaos by identifying systems and processes in need of tightening. They deeply understand business operations and easily synthesize information to develop a recommended plan of action.
- Off-the-charts emotional intelligence : Chief of staff must understand the underlying motivations not only of their leader, but also of themselves and others across the organization with whom they build relationships and influence. They are positive, empathetic, flexible, and curious and off the charts on their learnability. They garner respect and people want to be around them.
- Good leadership skills with structured thinking & project Management Skills.
- Excellent Communication skills : Strong written and oral communication along with presentation skills.
- Experience : A strong mix of consulting (1-3 years) and operations experience, (3-5 years) preferably in startups. 4-8 years of experience will be ideal.-
- B Tech / MBA from a premier school will be preferred.
We are looking for enthusiastic intrapreneurs who want to work at the - grass root- level and want to make a difference to India's biggest sector. We hope this excites you as much as us and looking forward to the next few conversations.