CEO at Agrilinks Technologies LLP
Views:1851 Applications:145 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Agrilinks Technologies LLP - Co-Founder/Chief Operating Officer (2-15 yrs)
A. Business Overview
Problem - Fragmented Supply Chain of Fruits & Vegetables which involves multiple layers of middlemen, thereby, leading to information asymmetry, lower price realisation for the farmers and poor-quality produce reaching the end consumers at an artificially inflated price. The current structure of the supply chain is completely broken and would need complete overhauling starting from the communication aspects (demand and supply standardisation, specification matching, demand and supply forecasting, etc.) to the physical fulfilment aspects (warehousing/transportation, supply chain optimisation, use of cold chain logistics, QC processes, etc.) and allied aspects such as payments, credit solutions, etc. If you- re driven by the magnitude of the problems you work on, this problem will give you a continuous stream of motivation to keep going
Solution - Building a B2B Marketplace for Fruits and Vegetables with farmers, FPOs, bulk suppliers, etc. at the supply end and retailers, food service companies, processors, etc. at the demand end with full stack fulfilment capabilities
Founding Team - Although, we- re still building the founding team, the following guys incorporated the company
1. Shashank Shekhar - IIT Bombay, 2015 Batch (B.Tech.) - An ex-management consultant at Nomura where he was majorly involved in the engagements related to Food and Agribusiness.
2. Himanshu Solanki - IIT Bombay, 2015 Batch (B.Tech.) - He has experience of working at Jabong where he was working with their Data Science team. We intend to leverage data heavily to make every important decision for the company as well as improve efficiencies along the way
B. Job Description :
Responsibilities - Being an early co-founder, your responsibilities will be very dynamic but they will revolve around the physical fulfilment aspect of the business, broadly covering the following -
1. Conceptualising the structure of the supply chain across warehousing/transportation functions keeping in view the changing supply and demand pattern
2. Designing the business processes for the end-to-end supply chain management of the fresh produce
3. Defining the levers for supply chain optimisation and putting in place the mechanisms to optimise the levers, etc.
Requirements - More than anything, we're looking someone who's passionate about solving the problem we're trying to solve. Coupled with that, if you have more than 2 years of work experience in the field of Supply Chain Management (with a preference for sourcing/procurement functions) in industry domains such as FMCG, Retail, etc. (any experience of working with perishables would be a big plus), then we'd really love to get in touch with you
Compensation & Location - Needless to say, the compensation will be purely equity based but we'll make sure that the equity percentage will be commensurate with the value you add to the company. We work out of our apartment in Noida and have a spare room. If you- re okay with the idea of living in your office, then you should expect your basic living expenses to be covered within Rs. 15,000 per month