Director at Workforce Wisdom
Views:343 Applications:74 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
AGM - Taxation - Real Estate (8-12 yrs)
A leading real estate focussed fund is seeking to hire the undersaid
AGM - Tax position
Major Responsibilities :
The position holder is responsible for tax matters with a focus on the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the tax function and all internal and external relationships relating to tax. In addition, this individual should be a hands-on tax professional that will lead the development and implementation of tax planning strategies, tax compliance, tax audits, financial reporting for tax etc.
- Collaborate with functional and operational areas within the organization by continually adding value to minimize tax liabilities and the overall success of the business.
- Managing and developing the resources within the tax function.
- Managing corporate taxes compliance including but not limited to various tax filings, transaction related tax analysis and suggesting suitable solutions, periodical returns, tax advisory;
- Representing companies in front of the relevant tax authorities;
- Manage tax audit and controversy including scheduling and tracking audits, reviewing and providing requested documentation, maintaining audit files, conducting pre-audit analysis and working closely with the Finance and Operations functions as well as with external tax advisors;
- Manage ongoing tax litigations in close collaboration with advisors and lawyers for entities across locations;
- Managing the quarterly tax accounting and reporting requirements for closure of accounts as well as tax cash-flow analysis and tax risk assessment; Maintaining tax risk management database and tax reporting trackers and tools;
- Managing the external tax advisors to effectively manage the related tax risks and provide timely tax advice to the business;
- Managing the entire restructuring activities including coordinating with consultants and teams in ensuring complete compliances with corporate taxes and ensuring timely compliances with any regulatory authorities for obtaining approvals and post approval compliances.
- Review and analysis of various transactions in relation to business structuring such as Share Purchase Agreements, Business Purchase Agreements etc. Complete coordination.
- Providing tax recommendation to transactions/projects (including but not limited to acquisitions, liquidations, reorganizations, capital structures and financing) and working with business and other functions to ensure proper implementation;
- Maintaining a regular dialogue with key stakeholders to keep up to date with business development and communicating corporate tax developments on a timely basis to the management;
- Recognizes, anticipates and resolves tax issues; makes recommendations.
- Capable of handling the SEZ related compliances.
- Minimum 8-10 years extensive corporate tax experience, capable of managing both Direct and Indirect taxation related activities - including tax planning, tax compliance, tax litigation, internal business support.
- Strong team player
- Solid technical and analytical skills
- Effectively communicates
- Ability to be both detailed oriented and able to identify high-level issues;
- Ability to perform in stressful hours and committed to the role.