Partner at Walk Water Consulting
Views:923 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
AGM/Senior Manager - Legal & Secretarial (10-20 yrs)
For a Client (A Large Organisation)
The desired candidate:
Should be a candidate with leadership experience and capable of working and managing multi locational operations.
At least 10 years in legal with 5 plus year either a head of legal or managing legal independently in India.
Bachelor's in law (from a reputed University) and Company Secretary from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- Manage the Corporate Secretarial needs of the organization
- Conducting Board Meetings of the Company
- Circulating the Draft minutes to Regional Legal and confirming the same.
- Conducting Shareholders meetings and completing the Minutes of the Meeting
- Timely and accurately filing of all Statutory Returns.
- Maintaining in all completeness all statutory registers and records.
- Lead the Legal Function.
- Review all contracts, agreements, legal documents, to ensure compliance and protection of the interest of the organization
- Advise the business on compliance of all laws like Code of Conduct, Ethics, Anti Bribery, Conflict of Interest, Data Protection, etc.
- Review all tender documents and ensure that company's interest and Liabilities are well Protected.
- Advise the company on all legal recourse options available to the company on any issue impacting the Company's assets or ability to enforce a right or defend the company's position against claims.
- Work with the Regional Legal Team to ensure that all legal compliance needs of organisation are followed.
- Be responsible for engaging and managing all legal consulting resources.
Kindly note: The candidate that we are looking for should have a good experience of legal and managing legal affairs with an additional qualification of CS. The CS role will be very small and the predominant role will be that of legal.
The designation is open as it can be AGM or even below such as Sr. Manager. We are looking for people based in Chennai who have more exposure to the legal aspect and less to secretarial practice (Company secretary).