Founder & CEO at Talenture Management Consulting
Views:89 Applications:27 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
AGM/Head - Legal - Housing Finance/NBFC - LLB/LLM (12-15 yrs)
THIS REQUIREMENT IS FOR A CHENNAI REPUTED HOUSING FINANCE COMPANY. CANDIDATES FROM HOUSING FINANCE COMPANY/NBFC PREFERRED. IMMEDIATE JOINERS PREFERRED. CANDIDATES WILLING TO RELOCATE TO CHENNAI WOULD ALSO BE CONSIDERED.
THIS PROFILE IS FOR A SENIOR POSITINON HEADING PAN INDIA. NON -LITIGATION MORE RELATED TO CORPORATE LAWS/COMPANY LAWS.
- Establish Policy, Procedures and Process flow pertaining to Legal parameters in the businesses and its entities.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Review and provide legal advice on contractual and other documentation.
- Review and analyse major legal risks to in India
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Provide assistance and advice on matters pertaining interests in India, including assisting on litigation and transactional matters.
- Special project work for Alliance Legal Counsel for all entities.
- Risk management planning across entities in India.
- Assist with Company Secretarial matters as they arise.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise / manage external lawyers.
- To prepare legal notices and prepare replies to legal notices.
- To Liaise with Advocates, Law Firms of the Company for various legal matters.
- Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- To provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management's attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
- Bachelors of Law OR Master's degree at Law
- Certified in Corporate Secretaryship WOULD BE AN ADVANTAGE
- Experience in NBFC /FINANCE COMPANIES ONLY
- In-depth knowledge of working in house or external law firm in a commercial role
- Knowledge in regulatory law.
- 12-15 years' experience ideally in a leading HOUSING FINANCE/NBFC organisation, with a proven track record in contract negotiation and drafting legal agreements / contracts.
- Proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel.
- Proven track record of adding value to an organisation through the development of comprehensive contract documents that mitigate risk and penalties.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS IN ENGLISH AND HINDI MUST