HR at Corenthum Elan Consulting LLP
Views:1225 Applications:109 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
AGM/DGM - Procurement Head - Mining (12-17 yrs)
JOB ROLE - Head - Procurement (Maharashtrian preferred)
REPORTS TO - Project Head
JOB LEVEL - AGM/DGM
LOCATION - Surjagarh
AGE - 40 - 45 Years (Can be relaxed in case of exceptional profile) Hence, please go ahead and apply.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS :
- Degree in Mechanical/Mining Engineering
- Master's degree in Business Administration is desirable
- Certifications/Degree in Supply Chain management would be an additional preferred qualification
- Required to communicate with the top and bottom line of the organization
- Excellent Supplier Relationship Management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills with proven records of negotiating high value contracts/purchases
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & presentation skills
- Analytical & problem solving capabilities
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION :
- Responsible for ongoing management of purchasing strategy, activity and for ensuring optimal supplier performance and price.
- Develop and implement a strategy to ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings.
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships and manage the development of contracts, contractual relationships and contract management to deliver continuous improvement in delivery of goods and services by the supply base.
- Lead and manage a team of Buyers to deliver the appropriate support to the business to ensure corporate and business development objectives are met.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE :
- Minimum work experience of 12+ years of which at least 08 years in Sr. Management role for the Procurement vertical of the company.
- Expertise in vendor development & Implementation knowledge on technology driven procurement like reverse auction, etc.
- Expertise in cost benefit analysis as well as a clear working knowledge of TCO concepts in high impact / high value purchases.
- Understanding of Finance related transactions to Supply Chain Management.
- Knowledge in Export Import policies and know how on equipment & spare parts imports
- Basic understanding of the Heavy Earthmoving Moving Machinery (HEMM) & Mining.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
Strategy and Development
- Overall responsibility for Purchasing and Cost Estimating activities across the business
- Create and implement best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance (Implement 30/60/100 Days Scorecard based initiatives)
- Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market to include: Terms and conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of supply chain solutions including vendor managed inventory, supplier consignments and safety stock
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
General and Task Management
- Responsible for managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers at a senior and strategic level
- Interfaces and builds relationships with internal customers to understand their requirements for products and services.
- Builds and maintains strategic supplier relationships to help reduce costs and eliminate inefficiencies.
- Negotiate contractual terms with key suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders.
- Develops and executes supplier agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, and RFQ documents with the objective of creating strategic business opportunities and savings for the organization.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power or track market intelligence for internal cost of new products.
- Develop an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage utilizing global market exploitation & leveraging spends.
- Provides strategic sourcing support for special projects as assigned.
- Provide leadership, coordination and coaching to the team, regular performance reviews ensuring a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions
- Set department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance
- Ensure strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate exchange of information and in order to implement change and improvements
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with proper health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
Financial Budget and Control
- Input and hold responsibility for Purchasing and cost estimating budgets
- Prepare annual Purchasing budget and forecasts, all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with customer and legal requirements. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on supply. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
PREFERRED AGE GROUP : 42 - 45 Years
TRAVEL : Moderate (05-07 days per month)
WORK ENVIRONMENT : Office workstation and Laptop OTHERS Full-time Job Role
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.