Consultant at Peopletree + Consulting
Views:2703 Applications:130 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
AGM/DGM - Material - SCM (15-18 yrs)
- The Manager - Purchase is responsible for leading the company forward in securing quality suppliers of materials and components comprising price delivery and quality targets.
- To pro-actively work with departmental budget holders to rapidly identify major procurement opportunities and deliver a series of quick wins that will enhance profitability.
- Continually improve purchasing methods and drives down external spend.
- Supporting the purchasing function at a strategic level to help achieve objectives required to aid production of existing and new product development.
- Developing long-term partnerships with suppliers; negotiating rate contracts and managing day-to-day supplier performance for meeting service, cost, and delivery and quality norms.
- To establish, harmonize and maintain appropriate formalized purchase policies, compliance and procedures across business
- Overseeing production related tasks including planning, control and trouble shooting.
- Presenting MIS/ report on procurement material to facilitate future decision-making.
- To develop a suitable contract database and protocol for ongoing supplier management including the ongoing creation, rationalization and management of preferred suppliers.
- To work with business and negotiate contractual arrangements with suppliers to ensure that value for money and excellent service levels are maintained and optimized across all categories of expenditure.
- To ensure payment terms are managed and optimized in favor of the company resulting in improved cash flows.
People - related Responsibilities:
- Foster close working relationships with associated departments. eg.: Engineering, Production, Finance and Sales.
- Establish strategic relationships with the key suppliers who are aligned to the company's needs.
Critical Focus Areas:
- Procurement of Materials and Services
- Store Management (Raw Material, Projects and Engineering)
- Handling Contract Manufacturing Procurements
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Attributes:
Competence / Essential / Desirable:
Essential: Bachelors in Engineering with Material management diploma
Desirable: Commercial graduate
Essential: 5-6 years in Commercial, preferably from Process Industry
Desirable: Minimum 2 years in Managerial position
The incumbent should be well conversant in Malayalam/ Tamil/ Kannada
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.