Head - Operations at Talent Pursuits
Views:804 Applications:184 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:126
AGM/DGM - Legal - Conglomerate (10-20 yrs)
1. Responsible for overseeing all litigation (30%) and non litigation (70%) legal matters and providing legal expertise to the organisation while executing commercial agreements & transactions, JV agreements, development agreements, contracts document etc and ensure all legal obligations and terms are captured to protect the company's interest and mitigate any risk which may arise from the same.
2. Proven capabilities in handling legal implications pertaining to land acquisition, dispute settlement etc; Well conversant with land laws (especially the local laws), RERA & laws pertaining to development; To vet and finalize drafts of agreements/documents with respect to acquisition of new projects for the development of residential projects; To approve and finalize various drafts of litigation affidavits/writs, petitions, replies etc to be filed before various courts.
3. Review and drafting of MOU / LOI, Agreements for Sale, construction contracts, Conveyance Deeds , Part Performance Agreements, Power of Attorney, documentation for contracts, non disclosure letters, confidentiality agreements, Affidavits, Undertakings, Board Resolutions etc and and other connected documents
4. Carry out due diligence of existing documents like Sales deed, contracts & tender documents, non-disclosure agreements, tripartite agreements etc and provide legal expertise to ensure that the documents are legally correct and that the company's interests are protected. Proactively implement framework to mitigate legal risk
5. Provide legal advice to other departments on the interpretation of statutes and legal documentations while entering into any contract, agreements, tie-ups, mergers etc to ensure that the actions being taken are legally sound and that the organisation's interests are safeguarded.
6. Liaise with external solicitors representing clients, consultants, vendors etc for negotiation of contract terms and conditions, agreements, Sales deed, commercial leasings, etc and negotiate incorporation of legal terms tailored to Company's need and ensure that the company's risk and liabilities are mitigated to the most possible extent
7. Carry out research and prepare reports on legally complex issues to ensure that the organisation has full information about legal implications of any decisions. Maintain an awareness of development in the legal field relevant to the organisation, including reviewing and reporting on the implications of any new legislation
8. Supervise the application / registration of Trademarks, Patenting, Copyrights, etc of Design, Product, Logos, Brands, Name etc. Maintain a database / record of approvals received and pending cases. Sending notices, responses etc for violation of trademark and patent. Supervise filing of appeals with concerned authorities and initiating legal action, where ever required
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.