Practice Head at WAFES Group -Executive Search
Views:711 Applications:170 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:131
AGM/DGM/Head - Information Technology - Bank/NBFC (8-15 yrs)
Head IT (Grade: AGM/DGM)
Position : Head - IT (Grade: AGM / DGM)
About the role :
- This is a senior leadership role. We are looking for an experienced IT professional to oversee all IT (Information Technology) functions in our bank.
- He/ she will be in charge of the team in IT function and will manage the bank's technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems, policies and projects.
- Ideal candidate MUST have a solid IT background and consistently be up-to-date about the latest advancements in the area of IT and computer systems in the banking arena.
- He/ she should have a solid technical background and a well proven track record of having successfully conceptualized, created and implemented IT projects, policies, network and systems at a bank / NBFC of good repute.
- Experience of working in a Co-Operative Bank would be an added advantage.
Education, experience and certification requirements :
- Graduate / Post graduate degree in Computer science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related field
- Minimum of 10 years work experience at Leadership role IT domain at a Bank / NBFC
- Minimum of 5 years experience overseeing IT teams and projects
- Well versed with Core Banking Software's, NPCI , UPI Interface
- CISA/ CISM/ CCNA will be an added advantage
Age : Below 45 Years
Job Responsibilities :
- Overall responsible for entire IT department including, infrastructure, applications, security and MIS
- Overall responsible for the technological infrastructure (network and connectivity, data security and storage and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Responsible for managing and overseeing all stages of the development lifecycle for new projects including futuristic Digital initiatives that will be undertaken by the Bank
- Selecting and implementing suitable technology (including digital initiatives to facilitate automation/ digitalization for various banking operations) to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Designing and customizing technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience
- Planning implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the organization
- Evaluating and approving purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with providers of IT and Digital services
- Monitoring changes / advancements in technology to discover ways the bank can gain competitive advantage
- Analyzing costs, value and risks of IT to advise management and suggesting actions
- Ensuring smooth functioning of day-to-day routine IT operations of the bank, analyzing work-flows, establishing priorities, developing standards and ensuring timely execution of all IT-related projects
Functional Competencies :
1) Strong Project management skills & an eye for details
2) Solid understanding of computer systems-hardware, software and networks etc.
3) Experience in creating, controlling and monitoring IT budget allocations
4) Excellent problem solving & time management skills
5) Vendor development & relationship management
6) Excellent organizational & leadership skills
7) Ability to perform under tight timelines and plan for contingencies
8) Interaction with regulators
9) Strong negotiation skills on commercial front
10) Team development through continuous coaching & mentoring
Behavioral Competencies :
1) Strong leadership capabilities and influencing skills
2) Achievement orientation & drive for results
3) Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
4) Planning & organizing skills
5) Interpersonal & Conflict management skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.