Aequs - Manager - Taxation (8-18 yrs)
Role: The candidate will be responsible for Overall Tax function (Direct & Indirect Taxation including compliances under the SEZ Act & Rules). He/she will be responsible for independently handling all Direct tax, Indirect tax & SEZ compliances of the Group Companies in addition to providing key inputs to the Management on tax related issues, tax planning, etc.
Responsibilities: Independently handling all Direct tax, Indirect tax & SEZ compliances applicable to all companies in Aequs Infra. Key Responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the Effective rate of tax for each of the entities and the Group
- Corporate Tax computations, Advance Tax and Deferred ax computations on timely basis.
- Timely filing of applicable returns and payment of taxes (if any)
- Timely Compliance of TDS/TCS requirements
- Timely Compliance of requirements under GST, Customs Law, Foreign Trade Policy and SEZ Rules
- Any other compliance as may be applicable
- Analyzing amendments and their impact on the entities/ group and implementing the same.
- Providing Tax advice to management on proposed transactions and implementing these.
- Evaluate and Implement opportunities for tax planning, practices & tax optimization
- Improve processes by developing/implementing best tax practices.
- To establish strong internal control processes relating to taxation so as to ensure 100% compliance.
- Responding to routine ad hoc queries on operational tax matters and liaising with external advisors and consultants wherever required.
Conducting periodic reviews to identify potential tax issues and devising action plan to mitigate the risks.
- Meeting tax officers and providing information/clarifications during assessment/re-assessment proceedings.
- Liasoning and support in closing Statutory audit (tax related disclosures including ETR, etc.), Tax Audit and Transfer Pricing Audits wherever applicable for Indian entities.
- Ensure timely Issue of TDS/TCS certificates to vendors, etc.
- Maintenance of requisite documentation for future review/audits by tax authorities
Skill Sets: Should have experienced skill sets in each of the below areas and should be able to demonstrate these in the interview process:
- Expert Knowledge in Direct & Indirect Taxation and prior work experience in the field of taxation
- Excellent communication, presentation, excel and project management skills
- Should have practical experience of independently handing the Tax portfolio including advisory, tax planning, tax assessments, appeals, tax audits, transfer pricing audits, etc.
- Research proficiency
- Strong Decision making
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.