Aegon Life - Legal & Compliance Role - LLB/LLM (10-14 yrs)
Aegon Life - Legal & Compliance
Key result indicators for the role :
- Management of the legal and compliance function
- Providing commercial legal & compliance advice to business
- Implementing AML, Anti-corruption, Anti bribery framework and educate the business w.r.t. the same
- Manage external lawyers and regulatory bodies
- Implement a Compliance Management strategy and conduct regular review of the same
- LLB/LLM, Company Secretary preferred .
- 10-12 years of post-qualification experience in corporate laws, insurance laws and contract management.
- Experience in life insurance industry preferred.
- Ability to manage external Business Partner relationships
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to foster a team environment
- Understanding of when issues need to be reported or escalated
- Ability to interface effectively with Business partners, other departments, and all levels within the organization.
- Willingness to travel as and when called for.
- Contract laws
- Data Privacy laws
- Insurance laws
- Excellent contract drafting, review and negotiation skills
- Ability to analyse complex legal problems, new business propositions and develop suitable solutions
- Superior spoken and written skills in English. Desirable two other languages.
- Provide practical solutions within legal constraints
Core Responsibilities :
- Manage Compliance Monitoring function that identifies, measures, monitors and report compliance risks.
- Plan and execute Compliance reviews as per the Compliance Review calendar
- Ensure new products and processes cover all compliance / regulatory aspects
- Co-ordinate with line / business managers and other control forums to ensure that a compliance culture is inculcated amongst the functions& all employees
- Report monthly, quarterly legal & compliance reporting to management
- Closely review management action plans and report progress to all the control committees
- Create, review, update various compliance and other polices and provide guidelines to all employees
- AML Compliance & reporting to Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU)
- Relationship management with IRDAI
- Guide the company in interpretation of laws regarding all aspects of business and corporate life including insurance laws and regulations applicableto the business
- Manage litigation in cost effective manner
- Assess overall legal aspects of business model, provide legal controls and checkpoints for the business
- Define the scope and supervise all legal agreements for business to ensure risk mitigation
- Interface with legal consultants, advocates and solicitors on the behalf of Aegon Life to handle litigation, obtain legal advice and legal services