Aegon Life Insurance - Technical Analyst - Finance Transformation Project (10-15 yrs)
Position Technical Analyst - Finance Transformation Project
Role Summary :
- To work in capacity of technical Analyst in close coordination with Finance tech lead for overall finance transformation project on IT side.
- Work closely with business/function teams and ensure all business/function requirements are captured and translated in technical design, further trace it to ensure that requirements are delivered to user for testing.
Job Description :
- This role is responsible for ensuring complete functional and technical understanding about various finance/actuarial systems in organization. Help IT team and Tech lead with techno functional solution to complex functional requirements.
- Considering IFRS17 being a niche area it is expected that this role will bring detailed understanding about finance and actuarial practices followed along with technology know how such that it can play key role in bridging gap between IT and function for solution.
- This role needs to have basic understanding about IT project execution covering some key aspects of project management and technology such that he/she is able to lead functional discussions from technology side and deeply involved in IT solutions, requirement documentation, coordinate with different teams within technology function and track project at detailed level.
- This role requires basic understanding about different IT systems as below.
- Experience of implementation and/or operation associated with below systems shall be important consideration.
- GL System. ( e.g Oracle Fusion)
- Finance Planning System. ( e.g Oracle EPM)
- Expense management system. (e.g Expenzing)
- Actuarial System ( e.g prophet, moses )
- Investment management ( e.g credence )
- IFRS 17 compliance reporting system ( e.g legarity etc)
- Data lake
Key Stakeholders :
1) Finance Function.
2) Actuarial Function
3) Investment back-office/front office.
4) Within IT function below team
- Enterprise Architect team.
- Data management team.
- IT infra team
- IT Vendor/partners
Key Responsibilities :
Project/Program Responsibilities :
- Responsible for documenting various functional process flow and intern help technology team to conclude data flow from the same.
- Responsible for ensuring all functional requirement are captured at detailed level and documented.
- Raise questions/concerns around any functional requirements which could be handled in different way and can help in optimizing IT solution.
- Involve at individual projects for techno functional discussions and work as IT representative for leading requirement discussions.
- Help Tech lead to handle complex functional requirement which requires niche skills on functional side.
- Ensure various project activities are getting tracked on IT side. Coordinate with different teams within IT and function to act as bridge for driving all business function discussions.
- Single point ownership for managing all project/program related documentation on IT side.
- Help knowledge enhancement of different technical teams with better understanding about functional aspects.
Operation Responsibility :
- Defining criteria for moving project to operation stage and ensuring same are followed.
- Setting up key operational responsibility and setting up process for handling various business process during operation.
- Involvement from technology team side for taking up any change requirements during the operation.
- Coordinate with different functional team on day to day basis to keep tab on upcoming requirements, help tech team with capacity planning for accommodating any business process improvements.
- Responsible for defining various reporting requirements in consultation with functional team coordinate with tech team for developing such requirements.
- Managing vendor/partner interaction during operation stage to ensure all business requirements are being reviewed and taken up with vendor.
Key Functional and Technical Competencies :
Functional Expertise :
- Should have worked in BFSI sector for implementation/operation of different finance/actuarial/investment systems.
- Should have detailed understanding about finance/actuarial process.
- Basic understanding about IFRS 17.
Technology Expertise :
- Basic understanding about technology aspects covering but not limited to,
- Web service/API integration coordination
- Agile development approach
- Data integration and developing data flow diagram.
- UAT coordination
Project/Program and Operation Management Expertise :
- Shall have worked on executing any finance system implementation project in past.
- Having worked on finance related program which involves dealing with cross functional teams and demands functional understanding along with good project management skill, shall be most preferred attribute for the candidate.
- Shall have some basic understanding about handling finance/actuarial function's operational requirements.
- Should be well versed with Functional and IT process such as change management, UAT etc.
Essential Qualification : MCA/BCOM/CA/MBA-Finance
Experience : 10 + years
No of vacancy : 1