Aegon Life Insurance - Manager/Senior Manager - Data Scientist (5-7 yrs)
Aegon Life Insurance Company Limited (ALIC) is focused on fulfilling its vision of creating tension-free lives. In pursuance of this goal, we provide a complete product suite, customized advice, and enhanced experience for all our customers. Aegon Life was formed with the coming together of AEGON N.V., an international provider of life insurance, pensions, and asset management, and Bennett Coleman & Company Limited (BCCL), India's largest media conglomerate popularly known as the Times Group. This union brings together a local approach, with global expertise of launching products that cater to different sets of customers to meet their long-term financial goals.
Department: Data Analytics
Employment Type: Full Time
Aegon Life Insurance Company is seeking to fill a position within the Data analytics Function which will involve working in the Anaalytics Team.
Key Focus Areas:
- Data enrichment - Identify valuable data sources, enrich customer's profiles through proxy variables from the sources such as e-commerce, social media, CDPs etc.
- Data analysis - Undertake pre-processing and analysis of customer data enriched through proxy variables, to discover trends and patterns.
- Data visualization - Present information to business in a structured way, through data visualization techniques and BI tools.
- Data modelling - Develop predictive & statistical models for insurance underwriting, fraud detection and other customer use-cases.
- Model deployment and automation - Collaborate with data engineering, and development team to deploy and automate model scoring, measurement, validation & retraining.
- Must have excellent hands-on knowledge into SQL and R/Python
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud environment will be preferred.
- Working knowledge in AWS Sagemaker will be preferred.
- Working knowledge in PowerBI and/or AWS Quicksight will be preferred
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 5-7 years of total hands-on experience into analytics, Data Science and Machine Learning
- Fintech, Insurtech, Insurance & E-commerce industry experience preferred.
- Good understanding of various Customer data-points available and predictive modeling on e- commerce, BFSI, web/social media data for Credit Risk Assessment, alternate risk scoring, credit profiling & segmentation, dynamic pricing model based on risk profile, fraud prevention etc.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Statistics and/or Engineering
- Effective interpersonal skills, including strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Hands-on experience in working with data science tools such as SQL, R/Python, Power BI