Advisor - Natural Resource Management & Conservation - NGO (10-20 yrs)
- Contribute technical input into the preparation of various strategy papers and portfolio reviews, with particular reference to the sustainable use and protection of Natural Resources (water, land, and biodiversity);
- Provide overall leadership in enhancing the conservation status of biodiversity by increasing the network of conservation areas, safeguarding ecosystems, species and generic diversity and minimizing threats to ecological sustainability
- Provide technical leadership in planning, management, and implementation of biodiversity conservation and management activities.
- Establishment and development of a comprehensive and ecologically representative national network of protected areas that safeguards key ecological processes across the landscape and provides resilience against climate change
- Create strong alliances and networks with civil society, public, and private organizations for sustained dialogue and advocacy for improved biodiversity conservation and management
- Work with the Development Director to identify and pursue grant opportunities from private and government sources to fund conservation projects.
- Apply technical expertise to identify illustrative examples of successful sustainable land use and agricultural intensification projects and approaches
- Effectively communicate results of evaluations and implementation toolkits to a variety of audiences, including the general public, development professionals, policy makers, academics and practitioners; and
- Proven ability to innovate, build networks, create organizational structures, gain support, implement, and manage, with a focus on tangible results
- Facilitate the development of baseline documentation reports and oversee annual monitoring of conservation lands
- Ensure the mainstreaming of biodiversity conservation into local government processes and other sector plans as well as coordination of species and ecosystem related research;
- Provide substantial advice to executing agencies on project preparations
- Summaries your findings in the form of comprehensible and succinct reports
- A Masters or PhD Degree in environmental sciences, Natural Resource Management other relevant discipline;
- A minimum of 10 years of full-time relevant experience including the preparation and/or review of project environmental impact assessments, environmental management plans, capacity assessment and institutional strengthening, public consultation plans, health and safety management/plans, emergency/contingency plans, or other related project environmental plans/studies, environmental project management;
- Knowledge and experience related to environmental impact assessment and management in various sectors, such as Biodiversity, Natural Resource Management, natural disaster management, agriculture and rural development.
- Understanding of the environmental regulatory and institutional framework;
- Preferably knowledge of project management skills, including management, scheduling and budgeting, financial management, procurement, and project team management;
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and diplomatic skills, and the ability to effectively negotiate and achieve balanced solutions to complex development problems;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategic plans, programs, systems, policies, and documentation
- Ability to use GIS and GPS to display and analyze spatial information
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.