Admin Officer - Social Sector (3-6 yrs)
We are looking for an Admin Officer for a non-profit foundation to overlook all administrative operations and to ensure smooth functioning of the office.
The Officer must maintain impeccable integrity in all dealings and work in consonance with the values and the mission of the Foundation, ensuring loyalty and confidentiality in all dealings.
Day to day activities will include:
- Using a variety of software, including Microsoft Office - word, spreadsheets, databases and power-point, to create and maintain office records, projects and presentations.
- Providing basic research support to the Managing Trustee for the Foundation Programmes.
- Assisting with the roll out of all programmes and ensuring that they are within the approved budgets and timelines.
- Maintaining the current filing and database systems and looking for ways to improve current systems.
- Supervising all accounts and admin personnel to complete all necessary activities, ensuring quality and delivery compliance, such as with audits, Income Tax filing and investments.
- Ensuring that all personnel files, confidential reports, leave records, etc. are maintained and regularly updated.
- Maintaining a complete overview of the functioning of the Office and infrastructure, including timely servicing, purchase and upgradation of equipment.
- Monitoring of stores and assets and ensuring that Asset Registers are regularly updated by the relevant personnel.
- Ordering and maintaining supplies and managing their database.
- Being of assistance in bringing attention to the Foundation's Programmes in the virtual space.
- Overseeing the design and content of regular newsletters and ensuring that all printing and publication work is up to date.
- Building and motivating a team without being overbearing or excessively bureaucratic.
- Troubleshooting and being the Office factotum.
Job qualifications and requirements:
- Aside from proficiency in computer skills, we seek a well-presented professional, who would be the public face of the Foundation and liaise with the Trustees, partners, stakeholders, banks, civic authorities, cultural institutions and the Government.
- An individual with the following traits:
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional discretion.
- Ability to evoke trust in colleagues and the top leadership.