Deputy Manager TA at ACT Fibernet
Views:586 Applications:31 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
ACT Fibernet - Manager/Senior Manager - Core Technology (8-14 yrs)
About Company - ACT (Atria Convergence Technologies Ltd.) was born out of a vision to become the most admired in-home entertainment, education, and interactive services provider in India. Today, we are closer than ever to realizing it. Based in Bangalore, we serve a number of cities and towns in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Delhi. We are one of the country's most renowned cable and broadband company, bringing state-of the art services to nearly 2 million happy homes ( Fibernet, Digital TV, HDTV). We offer broadband on optic fiber and our Fiber-To-The-Home technology can carry vast amount of information at speeds up to 1 Gbps. We are currently the 3rd largest ISP In the wired broadband category, and the largest non-telco ISP in the country.
Job Description: Manager - Core routing
- Ensure smooth operations for ACT core network including - routers, uplink BW connectivity, CGNAT, caching nodes, peering, DNS, security & related applications
- Traffic management based on available routes, capacity, latency, etc.
- Plan and upgrade HW capacity, SW version, redundancy, connectivity with BRAS and other applications as required
- Plan and build caching/peering capacity for all CDNs as per expected growth
- Work with partners to ensure uptime, upgrades for ILL, NLD & peering links
- Explore and partner with new CDN providers for new caching/peering opportunities
- Ensure all related links and other parameters are below specified thresholds
- Test and deploy bug fixes, new features/products related to core network
- Quickly troubleshoot any issues and provide RCA, implement AIs
- Vendor relationship management for issues, upgrade, new product evaluation etc.
- Manage connectivity, capacity and redundancy for access and core network links
- Maintain inventory of related HW and timely order of required HW/spares
- Prepare and Maintain SOPs of critical Process; perform Process Correction on requirement basis.
- Analyse fault trends and plan preventive actions
- Ensure timely publishing of relevant reports and statistics
1. Should have work experience in Telco / ISP background
2. Must have 8+ years of hands on experience in routing, switching operations
3. Must have in depth understanding of TCP/IP incl. IPv6, switching and routing
4. Must have strong expertise in BGP, MPLS including TE, ISIS, OSPF, DNS
5. Must have experience of working on BNG & CGNAT
6. Must have experience in QoS and traffic management in ISP network
7. Must understand routing parameters to be monitored for smooth operations and troubleshooting
8. Should have experience in planning and operations of distributed L3 network.
9. Should have experience of leading small teams and coaching others
10. Should be available 24-7 for emergency situations
11. Should be able to work in very late night for planned activities
12. Should be able to work with geographically distributed teams from a central location
13 CCNA/CCNP Certification is Preferred.
14 Understanding of FTTH, GPON & Wifi concepts is an advantage
15 Must have done BE/B.Tech or equivalent in Computer Engineering/Electronics & Communication Engineering/Electronics & Electrical Engineering
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.