Recruitment Manager at Acqueon
Views:741 Applications:168 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:83
Acqueon - Head - Legal & compliance (10-25 yrs)
Scope: 1 legal entity in India and 2 in US
This role is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Legal and Compliance function, provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks of the company
It's an individual Contributor Role, responsible for the following areas across the Group Company
- Act as company secretary to the bank's Board of Directors and monitor corporate governance.
- Manage the legal aspects of the groups shareholdings and carry out company secretary activities (prepare minutes, render opinions on activities relates to the Articles of Association and corporate governance matters)
- Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings. Contract negotiation
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management's attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Manage the groups strategic and legal documentation and Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Litigation management
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
Education and Experience Required:
- Law Graduate and Company Secretary
- Experience in a reputed law firm
- Ten plus years experience in commercial matters
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong functional acumen
- Excellent planning skills, ability to effectively manage priorities for self to meet business requirements and deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Self Leadership skills, ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results, ability to influence and inspire action
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.