Consultant at Acies Consulting LLP
Views:559 Applications:116 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:81
Acies Consulting - Quant Analyst (1-7 yrs)
Highlight of the engagement opportunity:
- Nature of role: Full time
- Number of years of experience expected: - (1 - 7) years.
- Areas of past experience preferred: Quantitative modelling, Risk modelling.
- Educational qualification expected: Graduate/ Postgraduate
- Additional qualifications/ certifications required: None.
- Preferable additional certifications: FRM / CQE / CFA
- Preferred geography of previous work experience: India / Europe / APAC / US
- Language requirements: Ability to write and speak fluently in English.
- Application experience: Python, R, C++, MSSQL
Key responsibility areas:
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge consulting and technology engagements across the BFSI industry with leading banks, financial institutions, NBFCs and insurance companies.
- Opportunity to work across several areas such as quantitative & actuarial modelling, ALM, financial risk management (credit, market and liquidity risks), treasury, FTP, budgeting and planning, climate risk, capital adequacy, stress testing.
- Knowledge of end-to-end functionalities on PD, LGD, EAD, IFRS 9 / credit risk models and on financial instrument valuations, risk assessment, scenario analysis and simulations.
- Develop end to end functionalities for modelling macro-economic factors and market prices like Interest rate, Credit Spread, FX, Commodities and Volatility.
- Design and build solutions on proprietary applications according to client requirements.
- Demonstrate functional understanding and interface with clientele during implementations.
- Adhere to coding standards and protocols mandated by product organization.
- Drive the day-to-day execution of assigned client projects.
Key performance metrics:
- Adherence to project delivery timelines
- Quality of delivery - number of approved functionalities delivered; number of bugs in functionalities delivered.
- Adherence to the firm's standards for processes and quality
- Effective communication with project stakeholders
- Design and leadership in product innovation - number of solutions designed; number of solution developments led.
- Client feedback
- Feedback from counselor and other team members
- An "ownership attitude" whose passion for solving our client's strategic issues and objectives.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Strong business writing and oral communication skills
- Collaborative and partnership-oriented and ready to work as a team member/ leader.
- Ability to handle highly challenging and time-bound projects with a positive mindset.
Other important information:
- Work permit requirements: Either Indian Citizen or having valid work permit to work in India.
- Period of engagement: Full-time position
- Probation period: 6 months
- Compensation: Compensation varies depending on the skill, fitment and role played by the person. Compensation discussions will take place post the selection process.
- Performance incentives: Typically, all roles at Acies have a performance incentive. Specific aspects will be discussed during the compensation discussion.
- Leave: 22 working days a year. Additional leaves for national holidays, sick leaves, maternity and paternity, bereavement and studies vary based on the city and country of engagement.
- Other benefits: Other employment benefits including medical insurance will be informed during the compensation discussion.
- Career growth for full-time roles: Acies believes in a transparent and data-based performance evaluation system. You are encouraged to clarify any questions you have with respect to career growth with Acies personnel you interact with during the selection process.
- Career opportunities for part-time roles: Conversion of part-time roles to full-time roles depends on both performance of the individual and business needs. You are encouraged to ask about the prospects as you interact with Acies personnel during the selection process.
- Global mobility: Acies encourages mobility across our offices. Such mobility is, however, subject to business needs and regulations governing immigration and employment in various countries.
We seek to be transparent during the selection process. While the actual process may vary from the process indicated below, the key steps involved are as follows:
- Interview: There are expected to be at least 3 rounds of interviews. The number of interview rounds may increase depending on the criticality and seniority of the role involved.
- Final discussion on career and compensation: Post final selection, a separate discussion will be set up to discuss compensation and career growth. You are encouraged to seek any clarifications.
It is recommended that you prepare on the following aspects before the selection process:
- Demonstrate proficiency in financial instrument valuation and risk assessment
- Demonstrate proficiency in statistical, econometrics and time series analysis.
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of back-end server-side languages like Python/C++/Java