Consultant at Michael Page
Views:435 Applications:94 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:85
Accounts Receivable & Inventory Lead - Healthcare (2-10 yrs)
The position manages all aspects of A/R and Credit Control, Revenue Recognition, Banking as well as Inventory. He / she will lead a team of one and is responsible for leading the A/R and Credit Control function by managing customer credit limits, price setups, ageing review, payment follow ups with Business teams and bad debt reserve calculation. He / she will also manage banking activities such as bank reconciliations, cash flow forecasts as well as corporate relations with banks. In addition, he / she will manage end-to-end inventory accounting.
- Ensures that the revenue recognition is in compliance to corporate and local policies on a monthly basis.
- Prepares and reviews the A/R ageing on a weekly basis including conducting update calls with the Business teams on a fortnightly basis.
- Ensures payments are received from customers in a timely manner and no over-dues are outstanding. Also, ensures payments are adjusted against open invoices and settled in a timely manner including adjustments for customer deductions for late supply etc.
- Manages all operations of A/R and credit control including approving and monitoring customer credit limits, approving release of orders on credit hold and approving customer price setups.
- Prepares the sales return reserve calculation on a monthly basis
- Prepares the bad debt reserve calculation on a quarterly basis in compliance to corporate and local policies. Also ensures any bad debt write-offs are duly approved and documented.
- Leads the Finance interaction with liaison agents including timely settlement of liaison agent commission, weekly update on status of claims and calculation of commission provision on a monthly basis
- Reviews and controls debit note / credit note adjustments to customer accounts on a monthly basis
- Sends payment reminders in consultation with Legal to customers with large overdues or poor payment history.
- Oversees preparation of bank reconciliation statements on a monthly basis including settlement of all open / reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Prepares daily cash flow statement and circulating the same to key stakeholders such as Country Head, Finance Head and Accounting Manager.
- Prepares rolling cash flow forecast for the year and coordinates with Global Treasury for any banking or funding requirements
- Manages corporate relations with banks including opening / closing bank accounts, changes in authorized signatories and other projects such as online payments, import document warehousing etc
- Manages inventory accounting including overseeing booking of purchases and inventory general ledger to sub-ledger reconciliation
- Supervises the preparation and reviews monthly Balance Sheet schedules related to inventory such as purchase accrual control account, goods-in-transit, profit on inventory reconciliation and inter-company reconciliations.
- Works with Global Transfer Pricing team for fixing inventory transfer prices, reviews net margins to ensure minimum arms-length margins are achieved and follows up for transfer pricing adjustments, if any.
- Analyses and controls inventory procurement costs such as freight-in, CHA charges, purchase price variances etc