Accounting Reporting Controlling Role - BFS (13-15 yrs)
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all financial transactions in full compliance with all relevant requirements, policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the Group reporting manual is properly applied at the local entity level and all accounting judgements are consulted, evidenced, documented and approved within Accounting Policy requirements and Delegations of Authority
- Act as finance SME to the business, applying detailed understanding of how appropriate application of accounting policy can ensure best results within policy and compliance remit
- Ensure trial balance is accurate, timely and complete and fully compliant with bp's Balance Sheet Assurance Policy. Perform required balance sheet reconciliations and provide assurance on balance sheet integrity.
- Support the delivery of timely and accurate statutory accounts and tax analyses through liaison with the Statutory Tax teams and external auditors if required.
- Apply and implement all external fiscal-, regulatory-, legislative- and other requirements as well as all internal and control related requirements in the accounting process
- Support control agenda and provide inputs to Due Diligence Process
- Establish continuous monitoring of process performance and drive consistent improvement of Key Performance Indicators
- Identify, Report, Investigate and Resolve all material process gaps in line with respective incident management policies and procedures. Own and action remediation plan for internal audit findings.
- Support stakeholders in having a good understanding of the general ledger and group reporting pertaining to the respective entity or business
- Coach and develop members of the team, build enduring capabilities and coordinate team activities
- Establish strong relationship with all stakeholders to ensure smooth operations and successful project delivery
- Obtain a good understanding of the nature of the business supported and the economic environment in order to execute activities effectively.
- Drive continuous improvement projects and deliver efficiency targets
- Provide effective support to all transformations and other projects
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Recognized professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in general and/or financial accounting and minimum 3 years in People Management.
Required Criteria :
- Proven track record of People Management
- Proven track record in controls, compliance & risk management in a multi-national environment
- Absolute fluency in business English
Preferred Criteria :
- Shared service centre experience.
- SAP, JDE system experience.