Executive Search Consultant at Zallery
Views:221 Applications:60 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Accountant - General Ledger - Energy Technology Firm - CPA (5-8 yrs)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process month-end close accounting operations including - preparing cash application, fixed asset accounting, journal entries, account reconciliations, flux analysis, and consolidation process.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Finance, Tax, IT, Legal, Technical Accounting.
- Support and ensure the implementation of financial controls and process and system solutions.
- Driver of process improvements through automation, streamlining and best practices to ensure an efficient close process.
- Partner SOX implications and processes, modify/implement controls as appropriate, and conduct accounting process reviews with internal and external auditors.
- Support external audit and quarterly/annual financials by timely submission of PBC schedules and reporting packages and pro-active partnership with the audit team.
- Be a team player and be willing to take on ad-hoc requests.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years relevant or direct experience in operational accounting with experience in a publicly-traded company a plus
- CPA required
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines and able to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills with cooperative, interdisciplinary approach
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SOX, and standard accounting processes and controls
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel skills and ERP or accounting system such as Oracle r12