Manager at Access Asset Managers
Views:5213 Applications:1135 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Access - Investment Analyst (0-2 yrs)
Job Activities: Analyst Functions will primarily include
Your primary responsibilities will relate to the investment and portfolio management process. Some of the work that you will be involved in during your tenure includes:
- Monitoring the portfolio: Reviewing and analysing the monthly MIS and preparing reports for the rest of the team and investors.
- Working with the portfolio: Evaluate the growth strategy of individual investee companies at regular intervals. Ensure that investee companies are provided adequate support by Access
- Transaction origination: Co-ordinating with investment bankers and other intermediaries. Staying in touch and building relationships with various intermediaries to ensure adequate and quality deal flow.
- Screening transactions: Participating in preliminary conversations with intermediaries and promoters. Co-ordinating industry research which may involve both primary and secondary research.
- Processing shortlisted transactions: This involves deep diving into the business due diligence as well as financial analysis. It also involves co-ordinating with due diligence agencies appointed by the firm on the due diligence processes. This involves understanding their analysis and arriving at recommendations, facilitating the investment decision.
- Transaction closure: Working with legal firms to make sure that the commercial understanding is fully covered and the Funds interests are protected.
Expectations of candidate
We are looking for a candidate with a high level of drive and entrepreneurial instinct.
Mid-market private equity firms normally comprise of small teams with flat structures. As an analyst you will play a critical role in the investment process, and thus a high level of intellect and sound judgement is a must. The candidate should possess outstanding academics from best in class institutions. He/ she should also possess the ability to pay attention, and persistence to dive deep into a research or diligence process.
The candidate should have the self- confidence to lead discussions with management of portfolio companies as well as other due diligence agencies and investment bankers. He should possess patience and decent interpersonal skills.