Accenture - Senior Role - Sustainability (10-20 yrs)
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services-all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 500,000+ people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
Industry X the evolution of the fourth Industrial Revolution-is creating exciting opportunities for you to make your mark, leading industrial transformation. Join our team and enable our clients to embrace cyber-physical production, accelerate innovation and drive growth.
Visit us at: https://www.accenture.com/us-en/services/industryx0-index
- Prior consulting experience with strong business development, sales and account management skills
- Expertise in setting up the Center of excellence for ESG
- Strong managerial experience including leading teams across different projects
- 15+ years of industry / consulting experience with 10+ years' experience in the consulting/industry in sustainability; industry expertise including the regulatory understanding sustainability/ ESG trends
- Should have experience in net-zero emissions / energy management/ waste management/ water management / circular economy / ESG advisory and environmental footprint reduction
- Should have extensive experience in completing detailed assessment to verify material flows, ecological footprints, carbon emissions, and other environmental, economic, and social metrics
- Have working knowledge of international sustainability standards and best practices (like GRI Standards, UNGC, SDGs, UNGPs, SASB, TCFD, IIRC, etc.)
- Have experience in working with digital technologies e.g. advanced analytics, analytics, cloud platforms, ARVR and IT/OT strategy.
- Experience in developing new consulting business capabilities in sustainability & responsible business domain
- Sound understanding of corporate sustainability risks across various industry sectors
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver commitments on time and budget
- Experience applying standards, procedures, and processes to implement management system and/or regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate sustained client relations management experience at a C-suite level or operated at a senior management level in the industry role
- Experienced in managing large teams, multi-stakeholder environments and complex digital projects engagements with a preferred global exposure
- The candidate should have excellent customer facing capabilities, client relationships & an established track record for selling & delivering consulting engagements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill with demonstrated commitment to quality client service
- An MBA from a Tier 1 B-School and certifications of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, SCRUM, IOT Platform, Advance analytics will be an added advantage
Key Responsibilities of the role may include:
- Sales & Business Development: Responsible for developing new business, driving sales by participating and leading end to end sales origination to conversion process. Develop strategy for lead identification and identification of markets/industries where practice capabilities can be applied. Work independently to drive a client pitch end-to-end and developing relevant materials. Build strong external relationships and promoting business opportunities to other areas of the business. Initiate relationships and build trust with clients to raise Accenture's profile as a long-term trusted advisor and partner.
- Client Delivery: Anticipating our clients' needs and provide compelling strategic insights by constantly updating and sharing your knowledge on the latest trends and leading practices. Delivery oversight on client engagements, manage relationships with client leadership, coach teams and deliver compelling and net new offerings while creating significant stakeholder value. Managing engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, defining deliverable content, ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Practice Development: Reimagine, build, and transform client business and operations by developing cutting edge assets, tool and methodologies, development of Thought Capital, Research, White papers, Support development of Go-to-market offerings.
- People Development: Manage and mentor talented teams of consultants and deep technologists supporting, providing input and guidance into the talent strategy and actively participate in engagement, capability development activities. Guide the talent identification and development processes.
Key Competencies and Characteristics:
- Leadership with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen
- Motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market
- Ability to deliver proposals and contribute to strategic discussions at the Board and senior management level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong presentation and persuasion skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving and troubleshooting skills with ability to exercise mature judgment, ability to deal with ambiguity
- The individual must be self-starter, high-performance achiever, someone who has led teams and has demonstrated experience of delivering cross-functional projects
- This individual must be comfortable working and interacting closely with the "C" level executives in a range of environments
- The individual should be passionate in functioning amongst highly diverse consulting firm
- The individual should have an entrepreneurial mindset, be comfortable in dealing with ambiguity
- Comfort with travel (up to 80% of time)
- Comfort with combining both qualitative and quantitative analysis to solve business problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team and environment
- Ability to think laterally and adapt previous experience and solutions to new projects