Accenture - Research Specialist - Digital Business (6-10 yrs)
The role is of a Digital Business - Research Specialist (L 8-L9 G&S Broadband)
The candidate should have industry knowledge from a business/market research perspective and will perform secondary research focusing on Digital topics (Social, Mobility, Analytics, Cloud and Internet of Things (IoT)) utilizing a number of sources, internal and external, paper and electronic, including web-based, and online databases. By - knowledge- of the sector we mean an understanding of some major segment trends, competitors, technology, etc from a business/market research perspective. Assist with supporting Digital Business research needs across Digital areas which include Digital Delivery (mobile apps, connected devices, and services, extended reality, software engineering) Digital Transformation (impact on businesses through social, mobile, cloud, analytics, etc.) Digital Platforms, Interactive Marketing, and Applied Intelligence.
This role is in our Bangalore-based Accenture Research India team, which is a team of 60+ researchers covering all our industries and business lines globally.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Perform secondary research focusing on Digital topics utilizing a number of sources, internal and external, paper and electronic, including web-based, and online databases.
- Assist with supporting research needs across Digital areas, including but not limited to Digital Delivery (mobile apps, connected devices, and services, extended reality, software engineering) Digital Transformation (impact on businesses through social, mobile, cloud, analytics, etc.) Digital Platforms, Interactive Marketing, and Applied Intelligence.
- Manage and perform complex research across Digital topics when needed utilizing a number of sources and advanced secondary research techniques (desk research, interviews of subject matter experts). This includes in-depth research on geographic and/or horizontal segment trends, competitors, industry market trends and issues, and relevant technology topics.
- Synthesize, package and present secondary research findings according to the needs of the customer.
- Develop relationships with Accenture executives and market secondary research services to those executives, both orally and through written communication.
- Identify new sources of relevant content and contribute to evaluations of external content for acquisition.
- Development of cross Digital domain understanding and knowledge as well as deep understanding of relevant specialty sources.
- Actively participate in general cross-team responsibilities e.g. participating in Accenture Research workgroups at local, regional or global level etc.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- Preferably Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration or Economics
- A full-time post-graduate degree/qualification MBA/PGDM is a must.
- Need to be fluent in business English (spoken and written)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :
- Minimum of 6+ years (max 9 years) business research experience, preferably in a consulting or IT services environment or demonstrated equivalent skill.
- Awareness of specific Digital topics in the IT services industry.
- Work experience collaborating in a team of research professionals
- Working with senior executive customers, who are the high-end users of the research output.
- Experience in writing reports, and presentation slides for delivery to an internal and external audience
- Experience with alternative modes of research delivery/data visualization tools also a plus (e.g., Tableau etc.)
Disclaimer- Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Accenture has not authorized any agency, company or individual to either collect money or arrive on any monetary arrangement in exchange for a job at Accenture. Accenture's criterion for hiring candidates is merit. Any agency, company or individual offering employment with Accenture in exchange for money is misrepresenting their relationship with Accenture, which has not authorized any such action. If you are approached by any entity or individuals who demand money or any other form of compensation in return for a job offer at Accenture - even if they present themselves as representatives or employees of Accenture - please send the details to Accenture Business Ethics Line