Recruitment Team at Accenture
Views:2262 Applications:137 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Accenture - Counsel Manager - Compliance Domain - Global Delivery Network Legal Team - LLB/CS (12-15 yrs)
The GDN Legal Team :
- The current role is open in the Global Delivery Network(GDN) Legal Team. The GDN Legal Team provides legal support to the business operations from Accenture Delivery Centers and advises on delivery related legal matters and assists the project team in managing and mitigating project delivery risks from the legal perspective.
- Apart from project delivery related support the GDN team in India also has a compliance arm that supports the India Geographic Unit on statutory compliances (covering all entity, establishment, transactions, and people related) and are also responsible as local checkpoints for managing global compliance mandates including Code of Business Ethics, Anti-Corruption Laws, Data Privacy, Anti Money Laundering etc.
- The team also renders legal and advisory support to the various Corporate Functions, Business Continuity Management and Global Asset Protection Other avenues of support include advice and diligence of Real Estate transactions and Workplace matters. The GDN team also renders contract negotiation support to the procurement portfolio and also supports the global dispute and litigation management team in coordinating matters locally.
Role and Requirements :
- The role currently open is for the Compliances domain and requires handling Information Technology, Cyber Laws and Telecom Laws compliances. Also, the resource is required to participate and represent the team in client audits and also certification audits. Additionally, the resource needs to support IT Procurement, including contract negotiations with various Original Equipment Manufacturers, Licensors both for client contract purposes and for internal consumption.
- Occasional involvement in advisory support regarding Foreign Exchange related Compliances, mergers and acquisitions and corporate law matters would be required along with handling compliance queries from STPI, SEZ laws perspective sparingly.
The incumbent is required to handle legal support to business operations in Sri Lanka also.
- Apart from the defined role the resource may be required to render assistance and support to other GDN functions and will be a part of the local compliance program for the Geographic Unit with respect to all entity and operational compliances, environment, establishment, health and safety compliances etc.
- This position would require the candidate to work closely with various Corporate Functions teams such as Finance, Controllership, Taxation, Recruitment, Real Estate, Global Asset Protection (GAP), Marketing and Communication (Marcom) Government Relations etc.
10-12 years hands on experience in :
- Working in IT & ITES organization in reviewing and rendering legal advice from Indian statutory compliance perspective, with special focus on Telecom, Information Technology and Cyber laws.
- Strong background on negotiation of IT and Licensing Agreements, IT asset management issues including discussions and negotiations with auditors engaged by Licensors.
- Representing the entity in client audits and other certification audits including ISO, BSI, DNV etc..
- Managing and monitoring compliances covering entities, workplace, telecom, data privacy, information security, and
other routine compliance issues and responding to notices from regulatory authorities.
- Proactive compliance and risk assessments to guide leadership to evaluate compliance and reporting requirements under local laws. Providing compliance plans, legal advice, and guidance to business to mitigate such risks.
- Creating and maintaining state/country specific compliance check list, keeping the checklist up to date and managing periodical review of the same.
- Interpretation and formulation of policies, standard operations process to provide guidance to internal stake holders.
- Render legal support and coordinate with other stake holders during client audits, statutory audits, regulatory inspections and audits and monitor and manage internal standards for external quality certifications and benchmarking exercises.
Skill sets & Proficiencies :
- Ability to function autonomously, yet communicate laterally and upwardly with ease. Work independently to ensure that contractual and compliance issues/concerns are being appropriately evaluated and resolved.
- Ability to work effectively in situations involving lack of information, ambiguity, and uncertainty. Composure to handle unexpected events calmly.
- Articulate to leadership and other non-legal stakeholders on legal and regulatory changes and advice and guide senior management in decision making. Collaborate and work closely towards meeting common business objectives and milestones.
- Monitor existing processes and ability to create processes as part of best practices to ensure compliance to Accenture policies and risk mitigation.
- Ability to work closely with multiple stakeholders which will also include frequent interaction with the Management.
- Excellent team player and collaboration within and outside the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to drive Accenture policies and practices.
- Ability to work independently to ensure that business and compliance issues/concerns are being appropriately evaluated and resolved.
- Decision making and the implementation of legal and compliance matters.
- Solution oriented approach.
Soft skills :
- Drafting, speaking and listening effectively
- Adapt to change
- Multiple-stake-holder management skills
- Decision making and solution-oriented approach
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong PowerPoint and Word skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
Education and experience requirements :
Required : LLB; CS desirable.
Other Details/Requirements :
- This is a Career Level 7 role, reporting to a Senior Manager.
- Flexibility to travel within and outside India.
- Blend of law firm and IT/ITES industry experience.