Accenture - CMT Industry Research Role (1-3 yrs)
CMT Industry Research role is part of the CMT Research team of ~25 researchers worldwide within the 250-member strong Accenture Research (part of Growth & Strategy Corporate Function) and who will work directly with other members of the team to support the needs of our clients and client teams. We are looking for someone with strong analytical and issue-based problem-solving skills, quantitative skills/ comfort with numbers, business acumen, a client service mindset and interest in Software, Communications, Technology, and Digital Platforms topics. This role is in our Bangalore-based Accenture Research India team, which is a team of 60+ researchers covering all our industries and business lines globally.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES -
Supporting senior researchers and project teams at all stages:
- Support the design of research to answer an original research question of relevance to c-level decision makers, demonstrating originality in the framing of research ideas and approaches.
- Assemble data from multiple sources, and conduct high-quality analysis with a significant degree of autonomy.
- Create high-quality PowerPoint slides and briefing material for speeches and presentations by Accenture leadership.
- Assist with interview processes by preparing background materials, documenting and summarizing interviews and analyzing outputs
- Support the transfer of thought leadership and research capabilities within the immediate team and identify opportunities for skills building.
- Developing own set of expertise and embracing innovation in our research methods
- Develop own - brand- as a highly skilled researcher on issues relevant to Accenture's business agenda and strategy.
- Develop own network of contacts internally and externally to raise personal as well as Accenture Research visibility
- Be an Innovation Agent by embrace innovation and transfer it to Accenture Research methods and culture
- A bachelor's degree from a good college/university
- A full-time post-graduate degree in business administration (MBA/PGDM/PGDBM)
- The highest level of English language proficiency (spoken and written)
- A full-time post-graduate degree/qualification MBA/PGDM is a must.
- 1-3 years business experience preferably in strategy consulting environment, or equity research / investment banking. We will also consider third-party research or KPO, Communications industry or demonstrated equivalent skill.
- Awareness in specific industry segments in CMT (i.e., Communications, Media, Software) and topics such as Digital Transformation and Platform Businesses.
- Understanding of business and economics issues at large;
- Working experience in a team of research professionals.
- Exposure to deep financial analysis or financial modeling or equity research will be an added advantage
- Experience with data visualization tools also a plus (e.g., Tableau, QLIK etc.)