Senior Associate at Absolutdata
Views:1096 Applications:144 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:29
Absolutdata - Business Analyst (3-5 yrs)
- Participate in requirement elicitation activities, including but not limited to gap analysis discussions, requirements workshops, interviews, document analysis and interface analysis with external and internal clients and stakeholders, including technical teams, end users and business/domain SMEs.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Author and update internal and external documentation, and formally initiate and deliver requirements and documentation.
- Create documentation such as Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), user stories, monthly reports, Requirement traceability matrix (RTM), System requirement specification (SRS)/ System Requirement Document (SRD) and Use cases.
- Facilitate internal solution discussions and analysis with architects, developers, data scientists and subject matter experts to establish a holistic functional vision for new features and functionality.
- Build understanding of market requirements & customer needs from research, data and competitive analysis
- Understand internal capabilities, product features to evaluate possibility of reuse vs new development
- Analyse trade-offs between user needs, usability considerations, performance impacts, system capabilities, and constraints, driving a solution that aligns with scope, schedule and cost parameters or impacts.
- Manage requirements artefacts development, including resolving open issues, driving to on-time completion while adhering to inspection and approval processes, ensuring comprehension of and concurrence with solution to be delivered.
- Support UAT as needed, including assisting in test planning and participating in defect triage/reviews to ensure the end solution meets requirements and user needs.
- Be prepared to lead a team of BAs as and when required
- 3+ years of overall IT experience of which 2+ in Business Analysis or Project Management
- Strong stakeholder management (clients and internal), communication & presentation skills
- Demonstrated skills in developing functional specifications, writing user stories, release management & end to end documentation
- Understanding of software management lifecycle, including but not limited to, requirements gathering, project planning, budget management, issue and risk mitigation, and status reporting
- Team player, with the ability to guide cross-functional teams in a highly iterative, rapidly evolving agile environment
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.