Senior Manager at Abbott
Views:3774 Applications:882 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:459
Abbott - Head - Marketing Excellence (10-16 yrs)
Candidates with post-graduation degree in management from tier I/II business school
- Minimum 10 years of proven ability in strategic analysis and marketing with at least a few years of exposure to Advertising/media agencies
- Exposure to Healthcare/Pharma industry would be preferred
- Knowledge of FMCG, Agency and research would be an added advantage
Primary Job Objective -
- Leads the development of an external Abbott image program to increase the familiarity and favourability of the organization across key customer segments.
- Works closely with the Senior Leadership Team to create, develop and implement a strategic and tactical integrated marketing plan for the organization.
- Must work across boundaries with different lines of business, and with regional leaders to develop key strategies, plans and tactics to increase the organizations image and reputation.
- Maintains responsibility for the positioning of the corporate brand externally
- Leads cross-divisional marketing team(s) to create, operationalize, and implement the integrated marketing plan
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Manages the core activities in marketing excellence across the spectrum of Market Research, initiatives around building Marketing Capability and Insights.
- Geographic scope of operation tends to be at the country level.
- Contributes to business planning at the executive level to develop a marketing strategy consistent with the organizations overall mission, vision, and objectives.
- Leads annual brand planning exercising and is responsible for challenging insights and recommendations of Product Managers
- Define advertising objectives, recommend choice of media, and allocate resources so advertising campaigns are effective, economical, and appropriate for intended audience.
- Select and manage ongoing relationships with vendors / external partners
- Adjust marketing strategy and plans to meet changing markets and competitive conditions.
- Works with the Senior Leadership team to develop and implement an external identity image campaign across multiple channels (radio, sponsorships, primetime T.V., in-office, internet, etc.) and audiences (consumer, healthcare professionals, investors etc.).
- Responsible for conceptualization, launch and implementation of the external identity to include national market, appropriate channel mix, key messaging by target audience, internal engagement and media scenarios.
- Develop criteria and identify overarching brand positioning by audience and across the organization.
- Recommend customer research to identify and define relevant and meaningful messages and tactics nationally.
- Create, develop and manage the corporate strategic marketing plan (short and long term).
- Develop tactical plans to execute marketing strategy
- Manages & drives tactical cross business unit corporate events in collaboration with the marketing leads of respective business unit.
- Manages a lead strategy/advertising/integrated marketing firm to manage all marketing communications Head
- Responsible for the development, implementation and management of performance metrics and measurements to track brand familiarity, awareness and preference for organization across key constituencies.
- Interfaces with business unit marketing leads to ensure continuity across marketing efforts to ensure consistency.
Direct Reports: Nil
Indirect Reports: Nil
- The position is based in the Corporate Office, Mumbai. However, the position may require traveling for field visits across the country.
- To align with and participate actively in organization led initiatives periodically.
- To understand and comply with the organization Code of Ethics.