AB InBev - Senior Manager - Legal (5-7 yrs)
Do you want to be a part of the fascinating story of over 500 iconic brands spanning across more than 100 countries?
Budweiser, Corona, Hoegaarden, Stella Artois. Ring a bell? Chances are you already know about us. We are AB InBev the leading brewer in the world! And we are here to bring people together for a better world.
We're building a company to last the next 100 years and beyond by building brands, creating stories and of course, brewing beer that will continue to bring people together.
Just like our beer, we take great pride in each person who works with us. Just like our beer, we brew their growth with the choicest of career opportunities. At the heart of our dynamic global growth is the belief that nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That's why we dream big, we look to the future, we value talent over title and we hire people that can be better than ourselves! Not something one hears every day, right?
At AB InBev, youll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. You will see your career story unfold like never before.
Quench your thirst for success. Come, sit at the table!
Primary Purpose of Role
The BU India Senior Legal Manager will be responsible for implementing a robust legal framework enabling business priorities and LCA dream of guiding enabling and protecting the reputation and operations of India BU in the third year of integration- resolving high stake disputes and sharing the passion for creating a best corporate governance structure for India.
The role will report into Associate Director Legal working closely on corporate governance implementation, Route to Market advisory, label registration, engagement of CISPs, management of relationship with external stakeholders, adherence to new laws and regulations, resolving legacy issues in licenses framework, advising marketing and trade marketing for sustainable marketing practices, training Sales and working closely with Sales on anti-trust commitment. The work also entails implementing a litigation blue print- identifying key easy wins and long-term strategy in dispute resolution.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
1.Corporate Governance and Corporate Secretarial
- Training to Directors
- Setting up processes in place for identified gaps in annual audit to further strengthen the corporate governance practice
- Adhering to regulatory compliance in corporate governance
- Organizing and compliances relating to statutory meetings
- Organization and compliances relating to business priorities
- Restructuring of legal entities for Synergy
- Ongoing Hong Kong IPO secretarial/ reporting compliance
2. Support Strategic Planning, Implementation & Tracking of business priorities along with dispute resolution
- High stake disputes resolution, working closely with compliance team on sensitive files
- The route to Market advisory, label registration, engagement of CISPs
- Management of relationship with external stakeholders, adherence to new laws and regulations
- Resolving legacy issues in licenses framework, advising marketing and trade marketing for sustainable Marketing practices, training Sales and working closely with Sales on anti-trust commitment
- Create the Litigation blue print roadmap for BU India
- Management of Legal Budget/ ZBB priorities
Required Knowledge, Skills & Attributes :
Education & Experience :
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant experience with a multinational Alcobev company or international consultant firm in India
- Bachelor degree in related major/ LLB specialized in Compliance and an international masters in law is desirable
Skills & Knowledge :
- Fluency in English is essential, with exposure to a multinational desirable.
- Strong inter-personal skills and communication skills with an ability to work with all functional and business partners.
- Reliable with a strong sense of integrity and compliance
- Able to work independently
Personal Attributes :
2.Solution-oriented and positive attitude
3.Exceptional customer orientation
4.Fast-mover, quick to adapt
5.Flexibility and resilience in a fast-moving environment
6.Integrity and professionalism
And above all of this, undying love for beer!