AB InBev - Manager - Govt Affairs (3-6 yrs)
Do you want to be a part of the fascinating story of over 500 iconic brands spanning across more than 100 countries?
Budweiser, Corona, Hoegaarden, Stella Artois. Ring a bell? Chances are you already know about us. We are AB InBev - the leading brewer in the world! And we are here to bring people together for a better world.
We- re building a company to last the next 100 years and beyond - by building brands, creating stories and of course, brewing beer - that that will continue to bring people together.
Just like our beer, we take great pride in each person who works with us. Just like our beer, we brew their growth with the choicest of career opportunities. At the heart of our dynamic global growth is the belief that nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That's why we dream big, we look to the future, we value talent over title and we hire people that can be better than ourselves! Not something one hears every day, right?
At AB InBev, you- ll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. You will see your career story unfold like never before.
Quench your thirst for success. Come, sit at the table!
Primary Purpose of Role :
- To ensure that region obtains licenses and permits required to operate the Business in the compliant manner by effectively managing relationships with all Government stakeholders in the region.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities :
1. Obtaining license to Operate :
- Getting approval for licenses and permits including commercial permits from corporation;
- Co-ordination with sales and logistics team for Inter Depot transfers
- Alignment with Supply and commercial functions on supply / sales action points and high- lighting risks and opportunities;
- Co-ordination with brewery for obtaining licenses and permits;
- Tracking and monitoring of License and permits
2. Government advocacy and stakeholder management :
- Conduct research and monitor legislation;
- Track actions within the government that could affect the organization;
- Drafting and making representations in connection with license and permits
- Acting as a representative for all Government interactions;
- Engagement with all Government stakeholders for improving reputation;
- Ensuring effective and timely operations in the region by maintaining effective relations with the local government and other stakeholders
- To liaise with units and legal for preparation of back up documents for representations to state
- Update the Manager on individual state regulatory developments and financial aspect of impact on current and outlook from regulatory point of view government offices/ministries or any external forums/bodies
- Recommend plan of action based on expected policy changes
- Undertake pro-active measures to mitigate loss in business
- Interface between ABI and Government Agencies to address discretion due to issue licenses and permits
3. Regulatory compliance :
- Obtaining all required permits for operating brewery and depots;
- Setting up systems and processes to ensure requirements to regulations relevant for the region are compiled;
- Forecast and Mitigate Compliance risks
- Contribute in minimizing sale losses due to unavailability of Licenses/Permits
Required Knowledge, Skills & Attributes :
Education & Experience :
- MBA/CA/LLB with 6-8 years of experience in handling Government relations ;
Skills & Knowledge :
- Strong communication; Knowledge of local language preferred;
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Experience working in a AlcoBev/FMCG/Pharmaceutical organization
- Basic ppt, excel skills
- Adept at inter-personal communication
Personal Attributes :
1. High energy
2. Solution-oriented and positive attitude
3. Exceptional customer orientation
4. Fast-mover, quick to adapt
5. Flexibility and resilience in a fast-moving environment
6. Integrity and professionalism
And above all of this, an undying love for beer!