AB InBev - Associate Director - Direct Procurement (7-9 yrs)
Do you want to be a part of the fascinating story of over 500 iconic brands spanning across more than 100 countries?
Being the best beer company starts with finding the best people. While we have big brands, we have bigger opportunities as well.
AB InBev India is looking to hire AD-Direct Procurement for its Procurement Team based out of Bangalore.
Primary Purpose of the role :
The BU India AD - Direct Materials role will look after sourcing and implementation of all direct materials - raw material, auxiliaries, utilities, by-products , primary packaging & secondary packaging - for BU India beer production requirement.
The AD - Direct Materials works to lead the direct materials sourcing with clear focus on materials quality, supply availability, line efficiencies and help to improve brewery performance. The role will include sourcing strategy definition, category strategy, tender planning and execution, negotiations, contract execution, risk management and value engineering pipeline.
In addition, the role will have a very high focus on internal & external stakeholder alignment, support strategic planning, implementation & tracking and contract performance.
The role will also be responsible for driving the sustainability goals across Direct Materials with a special focus on circular packaging, water and renewables.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
1. Direct materials - raw material, auxiliaries, utilities, by-products , primary packaging & secondary packaging - for BU India beer production
- Assure availability of direct materials across 18 breweries in India
- Provide an accurate visibility of material needs to suppliers, taking into consideration possible changeovers
- Communication with suppliers, procurement, zone technical department (ZTD) etc. to ensure materials and utilities availability
- Work with direct materials suppliers to improve materials' quality
- Defining and driving all committed champions initiatives
2. New Product Development & Innovation
- Lead and execute projects related to the development of direct materials, methods or technologies from the concept phase up to the implementation at industrial scale
- Leading the benchmarking for direct materials - evaluating trends and innovations and if necessary proposing changes to our existing packaging / processes in order to keep continuous improvements in quality and cost
- Leading Design to Value (DTV) initiatives across direct materials in BU India to ensure cost savings and value additional to strategic products
Supporting ZITEC, marketing innovation agenda and ensuring all product designs are in line with the 100+ sustainability goals
3. Stakeholder Alignment
- Identification of stakeholders in the initiation of the sourcing strategy development and sourcing activities
- Actively engage stakeholders as defined in alignment throughout the strategy development and sourcing activities
Effectively communicating relevant project information and project progress to team members, project stakeholders and other key individuals within the organization
4. Support Strategic Planning, Implementation & Tracking
- Value pipeline development and management
- Global and regional alignment in strategic sourcing initiatives
- Tracking and controlling of packaging and raw materials change overs, communication to all involved departments. In case of obsoletes defining of responsible function and material scrapping organization.
- Leading the cross functional stakeholder alignment meetings for effective contract performance
- Leadership and management of a 5 member team with a strong focus on driving high performance culture
- Engaging across the function to drive integrated processes and ways of working
- Engaging with the BU Directors and zone procurement leadership to explain VIC results
- Set and manage objectives, priorities and targets for the team, ensuring they are constructive, accountable and lead to achieve specific objectives.
- People development & engagement
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education level and/ or experience
- Academic background: appropriate University/bachelor degree & Masters degree .
- Professional experience (around 6-8 years) in the same functional domain or other related positions
Experience in leading a team of at least 4 people
Skills and/or knowledge
- Procurement (Sourcing) execution including tendering
- Strong commercial skills including negotiation, planning & execution
- Category market knowledge advantageous - raw materials / utilities
- IT Capability - data analysis and strong analytical and excel skills
Strong financial acumen - Budgeting and monthly tracking & monitoring for budget adherence
1. High energy
2. Solution-oriented and positive attitude
3. Exceptional customer orientation
4. Fast-mover, quick to adapt
5. Flexibility and resilience in a fast-moving environment
6. Integrity and professionalism
And above all of this, an undying love for beer!
Quench your thirst for success. Come, sit at the table!