HR Associate at Aangan Trust
Views:798 Applications:148 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:127
Aangan Trust - Senior Associate - Communications (2-5 yrs)
Our Vision :
To make child protection everyone's business, so that every child is safe everywhere, everyday.
Our Mission :
We build and strengthen child protection systems to ensure that the most vulnerable children are safe, supported, in school, and assured of a childhood free from trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work, violence and exploitation
I. Background :
Aangan works with children in dangerous situations like child trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work and abuse. Our prevention model targets hotspots across the country where children are most at risk, either because these are sites of hazardous child labor or are associated with harmful traditions like child marriage, trafficking and girl child discrimination. In such locations, we work with parents, children and government officials to build strong care and protection systems that keep children safe.
II. Position Summary :
The Sr. Associate's primary focus will be content strategy and content creation. Taking direction from the leadership to create compelling and striking campaigns to raise awarness about Child Protection.
Sr. Associate, Communications will work with Aangan's prevention team to build and maintain government relationships across local, district and state levels to demonstrate how children can be kept safe when community and officials come together to work in collaboration with trained apprentices and community adults. This will be through on going monthly engagements/meetings/workshops and by sharing data for action reports with authorities.
III. Key Responsibilities :
- Oversee creation of organization-wide communications collateral such as annual report, impact report, etc.
- Assist CEO and ED in creation of fundraising-related collateral and presentations
- Create, implement, and maintain social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Manage Aangan contact database and design monthly newsletter communications to full network as well as relevant segments based on interest
- Manage organization-wide content calendar consisting of blog posts, research papers, journal articles, etc. written by team
- Track key policy developments and trends relevant to child protection and our work at all levels of government,
- Liaise with communications consultants or team members with horizontal functions e.g. graphic designers, copy editors, translators, etc.
IV. Competencies and Abilities :
- Strong project management skills to sequence and deliver assignments for large team
- Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm and diplomacy both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and be resourceful in the face of uncertainty
- Ability to translate leaderships ideas & objectives into high-quality content
- Expedient turnaround time to be responsive to needs of leadership
- Strong technical skills in social media platforms Twitter, Facebook, Medium, Mailchimp, Buffer
- Graphic design background preferred but not required
V. Education and Experience :
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills