HR Associate at Aangan Trust
Views:511 Applications:91 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Aangan Trust - Associate - Communications & Advocacy - NGO/Social Sector (2-4 yrs)
Associate, Communications and Advocacy
Location : Mumbai
Targeted states : Jharkhand and Rajasthan
Position Summary :
- The Associate, Communications and Advocacy will work with Aangans prevention team to build and maintain government relationships across local, district and state levels to demonstrate how children can be kept safe when community and officials come together to work in collaboration with trained apprentices and community adults.
- This will be through on going monthly engagements/meetings/workshops and by sharing data for action reports with authorities.
Key Responsibilities :
- Creation and maintenance of campaigns on social media
- Creation of communication material basis the data gathered from the field.
- Build and maintain relationships with key government stakeholders of Women and Child, Social Welfare and Home Departments at a state, district and local level across the states that Aangan works in
- Work in collaboration with the government, taking action data reports from the community back to authorities to demonstrate the effectiveness and sustainability of community prevention models for child protection
- Collate and prepare reports to share with authorities with the aim of communicating key protection issues, actions planned and undertaken
- Liaise between community members and government authorities to set up meetings, organise engagements and facilitate workshops to address community specific issues w.r.t child protection
- Track key policy developments and trends relevant to child protection and our work at all levels of government.
- Assist in preparing other team members for meetings by conducting relevant background research, planning meetings, drafting talking points, etc.
Competencies and Abilities :
- Understanding of the local context and socio-political environment of the state
- Ability to communicate data to authorities and push for action
- Strong communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Understanding and ability to manage online media like blogs and social media
- Strategic thinking skills so as to conceptualize multiple approaches and responses to a situation
- Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm and diplomacy both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask and be resourceful in the face of uncertainty
- Willingness to travel frequently to districts and states
Education and Experience :
- A Masters degree in a relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years work experience and prior experience of having engaged with government stakeholders is preferred.
- Language: Fluent in English and Hindi is necessary