President and Founder at AACS Consulting
Views:3079 Applications:17 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
AACS Consulting - Executive Director (8-10 yrs)
Executive Director :
- AACS Consulting is looking for an experienced Executive Director to control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures. The incumbent will be the highest ranking manager in the AACS Consulting and working with Vice President of Programs, Vice President of Operations and will be responsible for the overall success of the business.
- The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer AACS Consulting to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. Very strong crisis management skills will also be essential since the Executive Director is the one expected to - save the company in times of need.
- AACS Consulting seeks to appoint an Executive Director to the board. This role has the same duties and responsibilities as other director roles, however it is anticipated that this appointment will provide the board with greater insights and awareness of important business and industry issues and be able to appropriately and thoroughly examine their impact on strategy.
- In addition to management responsibilities, the role requires attending approximately 12 board meetings per year and it may also be necessary to take part in weekly and monthly conference calls for management, financial reporting and general compliance issues. The right candidate must be ready to build and model a great company culture, provide inspired leadership to our executive team, establish a great working relationship with the board of directors and set a course for company strategy.
- The goal is of this position is to ensure that AACS Consulting is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic guidelines, the Executive Director will report to President and CEO of AACS Consulting, the following is the detailed duties and responsibilities of the Executive Director position :
Duties and Responsibilities :
- The Executive Director will develop and execute the company's business strategies in order to attain the goals.
- The Executive Director will provide strategic advice to the SMT and Chairman so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company's future.
- The Executive Director will prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities.
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times.
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities.
- Oversee the company's financial performance, investments and other business ventures.
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
- Read all submitted reports by lower rank managers to reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems.
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile.
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth.
- Give strategic advice and report results and findings to chairman and SMT members.
- Manage resources, including the attracting, hiring and retention of personnel.
- Ensure employees move in the same strategic direction to achieve its mission.
- Create and report on business plans, monitoring its efficacy and progress.
- Remain close to all stakeholders including the chairman and SMT members, staff, clients, key-decision makers and external service suppliers.
- Research and implement new initiatives to drive revenue, lower operating costs while maintain quality services that are competitive, all while delivery excellent customer support.
- Manage and report on the effective implementation of a marketing strategy to maintain market relevance and promote services to increase revenue.
- Manage key personnel, clients and service providers.
- Maintain the quality of services, customer support and level of service in line with service level agreements and other retention strategies.
- Develop highly technical Proposals, Concept Notes, and Expression of Interests in close coordination with team.
- Track proposal submissions, develop schedule of opportunities and on time submission of proposals, concept notes and other required
- Promote the wellness of staff and implementing policies in line with labour legislation and health and safety guidelines to create a diverse and positive working environment.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and attending/presenting at SMT meetings.
- Attending weekly Senior Management Team (SMT) meetings physical and through skype conference call.
- Successfully implementing company policies and procedures.
- Developing Business strategic plans, new initiatives and promote current service lines of AACS Consulting.
- Building and maintaining an effective management team
- Assuming full accountability for the SMT for all company program and operations.
- Maintains budgets for managed entity as well as the individual projects it takes on
- Researches and analyses industry, market, and competitors to make informed strategy decisions
- Creates initiatives to take advantage of market opportunities, reduce operational threats, forestall business risks, and maximizes core strengths.
- Identifies core competencies and defines operational goals.
Competencies and Skills (Role Related) :
- Knowledge of a Director's Responsibilities - includes an understanding of the role as well as legal, ethical, fiduciary and financial responsibilities involved and the ability to separate, where necessary, the role of director and employee
- Strategic Expertise - the ability to differentiate between operational and strategic matters, to review the strategy constructively and openly, and contribute to the effective decision making of the board
- Accounting and Financial Management - the ability to read and comprehend the company's accounts, financial material presented to the board, financial reporting requirements and some understanding of corporate finance
- Legal and Compliance - the board's responsibility involves overseeing compliance with numerous laws as well as understanding the individual director's legal duties and responsibilities
- Risk Management - experience in managing areas of major risk to the company
- Managing People and Achieving Change - experience in current management thinking on engagement branding, strategic vision and stakeholder communication; experience in executive remuneration and compensation
- Industry and Company Knowledge - experience at the company, in the industry and any other experience relevant to the board's composition.
Competencies (Personal Attributes) :
- Integrity - fulfilling a director's duties and responsibilities, acting ethically, appropriate independence, putting AACS Consulting interests before personal interests. An Executive Director needs to be mindful of conflicts of interest and act accordingly;
- Collegiality - in most instances, the applicant will have detailed knowledge of the company and its issues, and greater access to information. The ability to reasonably share this insight with the board, and to raise matters for discussion, is an important aspect of this role
- Collaborative yet Curious and Courageous - The applicant must be able to function as an effective team member but must also have the curiosity to ask questions, and the courage to persist in robust discussion with management and fellow board members where required
- Emotional Intelligence - as well as self-awareness and self-management, a director needs to demonstrate empathy manifested through strong interpersonal skills. A director must work well in a group, listen well, be tactful and yet be able to communicate a cogent and candid viewpoint
- Commercial Judgment and Instinct - the applicant needs to demonstrate good business instinct and acumen and be able to assimilate and synthesis complex information
- Active Contribution - a director needs to be an active contributor with genuine interest in the company and its business.
Education Requirements :
- Master's Degree in Business, Manage, Leadership, Strategic Management
- 8 -10 years of extensive experience as an Executive Director, CEO, Managing Director or in other similar role.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to excel in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Understanding of human resources and personnel management.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.