University Canada West | Masters in Business Administration (Online MBA)
- Work Experience3 - 30 Years
- Duration2 years
- Delivery MethodOnline
About the Program
The online MBA syllabus is focused on enhancing competencies across areas such as leadership, critical thinking, project planning, and a host of further advanced business disciplines. Each program module is led by an experienced UCW academic, whose role is to encourage discussion and debate, to facilitate active student participation, and to provide guidance and feedback.
Those who graduate from this ACBSP-accredited MBA program will find themselves more capable of responding strategically to challenges within the business environment presents. You will learn to take responsibility for important decisions, with the ability to explain yourself and your ideas.
Learning what is required of an effective leader, you will become confident in your management skills, as well as your ability to solve business problems.
Benefits of Studying Online
Studying online comes with a variety of benefits. You can choose flexible hours to fit around any commitments you may have, be it personal or professional. With HD video lectures, and all course materials provided, you won't feel any less prepared than those who've studied on campus.
Online study is becoming increasingly popular because of the increased flexibility it offers. Studying online means that you can work on professional development while obtaining an academic qualification. This will make you more prepared when it comes to securing employment in a managerial position.
Why Study Online MBA
● Enjoy the flexibility to work as you study
● Professional and personal progression
● Network with a global community of students
● Access to high quality e-learning resources
Graduates of the MBA program will be able to:
● respond strategically to business challenges and opportunities.
● assess ethical implications of business activities.
● develop, implement and evaluate solutions to business problems.
● formulate business decisions and systematic analysis that reflects critical thinking.
● demonstrate effective skills to collaborate with diverse groups of people.
● lead teams through the resolution of problems and successful completion of projects and tasks.
● integrate personal values and perspectives into problem solving and take responsibility for decisions.
● communicate ideas persuasively (written and oral) as a result of thorough analysis of information.
● gather, analyze and synthesize information for a business context.
Intakes : Fall (October), Winter (January), Spring (April), Summer (July)
The MBA content is delivered online via:
● Dynamic video content
● International business case studies
● Clear and informative study materials
● One to one contact with your professor via email and skype
● A Bachelor's degree from a recognized university, with a cumulative GPA of 3.00 out of 4.33 scale (or equivalent) or better and
Have one of the following:
● Acceptable score on a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) that has been written in the last five years.
● An appropriate Canadian professional designation or equivalent international designation (e.g. CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, CHRP or P.Eng).
● A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (BBA) or Commerce (BComm) or equivalent.
A minimum of two years documented professional or management experience.
● IELTS - 6.5 or better with a minimum of 6.0 in the writing band, or equivalent (for students whose first language is not English)
● Applicants who do not hold all of the above academic and professional requirements may also qualify for entry to the MBA Program after completing the MBA Foundation program.