IIM Raipur | Executive Certificate Program in Applied Financial Risk Management
Get comprehensive understanding of financial instruments
Get comprehensive understanding of financial instruments
- FeeINR 70,000 + GST
- Work Experience1 - 30 Years
- Duration6 Months
- Delivery MethodOnline
About IIM Raipur
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Raipur was set up by the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2010 at Raipur, the capital of Chhattisgarh.
Ranked 19th amongst B-Schools in India by Govt of India MHRD-NIRF Rankings 2019, IIM Raipur offers flagship 2 years full-time Post-Graduate Program in Management (MBA) as well as the Post Graduate Program in Management for Working Executives (PGPMWE).IIM Raipur believes in preparing ethical leaders who are not only committed to business, commerce and industry but are also socially conscious towards their contribution in nation-building and bring in name for the country globally.
IIM Raipur Online also offers consulting services to design and implement policies, systems and processes in functional and cross-functional areas of business. Besides, regular in-campus and in-company training programs are conducted by IIM Raipur faculty members for supporting industry requirements.
Talentedge is an Ed-Tech firm. It is the first to bring 'Live & Interactive' anywhere learning in digital format. Talentedge offers exclusive courses jointly with world leading institutes and corporates. Its ability to recreate classroom type interactions in the virtual world has struck a chord with over 3, 00,000 individuals and corporate learners, facilitating a social collaborative learning experience in digital space. It enables working professionals to plan their future course of action and fast track their careers. Talentedge is changing the way India learns. Talentedge is one of the first Ed-Tech organizations to be credited with an ISO: 9001-2008 certification.
The increasing complexities and growth in the value of financial instruments and their derivatives, puts forward the need to manage investments in these securities prudently and optimally. In order to do that, professionals in Financial Institutions and Corporates need a solid understanding of financial risk measurement and management.
The objective of this course is to familiarize the participants with the various instruments available for risk management. It covers instruments such as options, futures, swaps, and credit derivatives. Besides discussing the pricing of these instruments and hedging principles, the course would also aim at the introduction of some complex instruments such as options on futures and swaps etc. The course is designed to help participants:
● Understand the role of financial risk management as well as the techniques available for its measurement in financial and non-financial corporations.
● Review the set of financial instruments available in modern financial markets as well as the strategies that a firm or and an individual can use to optimize the management of the risks the company may face.
● Build a framework that will help integrate financial risk management into an overall corporate strat
● Earn Certificate of Completion from IIM Raipur
● Practical and Oriented approach to Learning
● Learn from the expert faculty of IIM Raipur
● Program syllabus coverage overlaps with GARP FRM Level 1 certification requirements
Who Should Attend?
● Working Professionals – Executives aspiring to grow into senior roles within Risk and Compliance, Risk Consulting, Financial Risk Management etc.
● Finance and Banking Professionals – Professionals in the Finance domain/industry seeking to gain structured knowledge of risk management
● Risk Management Professionals – Professionals in the Finance domain/industry seeking to gain structured knowledge of risk management
● Entrepreneurs – Business Owners who actively partake in building all the functions from the ground up
2.5 hours every Saturday from 06.30 p.m. to 09.00 p.m. IST
● For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
● For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
● Proficiency in English, spoken & written is mandatory
● Basic Knowledge of Statistics
● Knowledge of Corporate Finance
MODULE 1: Quantitative Analysis
● Discrete and continuous probability distributions
● Estimating the parameters of distributions
● Population and sample statistics
● Measures of correlation
● Linear regression with single and multiple regressors
● Time series analysis and forecasting
● Estimation of conditional volatility using ARCH and GARCH etc.
MODULE 2: Foundations of Risk Management
● Basic risk types, measurement, and management tools
● Modern Portfolio Theory
● Asset pricing models, such as the Capital Asset Pricing Model, the Multifactor asset pricing model
● Creating value with risk management
● Risk-adjusted performance measurement
MODULE 3: Introduction to Risk & Derivatives Markets and Futures markets
● Structures and functions of financial institutions
● Structure and mechanics of over the counter (OTC) and exchange markets
● Structure, mechanics, and valuation of forwards, futures, swaps, and options
● Hedging with derivatives
● Interest rates and measures of interest rate sensitivity
● Foreign exchange risk
● Corporate bonds
● Mortgage-backed securities
● Value-at-Risk (VaR)
● Expected shortfall
MODULE 4: Operational Risk
● Principles for sound operational risk management
● Operational risk
● Credit risk
● Market risk
● Model risk and model validation
● Risk-adjusted return on capital (RAROC)
● Economic capital frameworks and capital planning
● Stress testing of banks