IIM Calcutta |(Only Females) Transitioning into Leadership- Programme for Women Executives
- FeeINR 2,40,000 + 36,000 (Campus fee) + Taxes
- Work Experience5 - 30 Years
- Duration1 Year
- Delivery MethodOnline
About IIM Calcutta
IIM Calcutta was established as the first National Institute for Post-Graduate studies and Research in Management by the Government of India in November 1961. IIM Calcutta is ranked amongst the top 3 management schools of the country with 50+ years of academic excellence and is also accredited with the coveted triple crown (AMBA, EQUIS & AACSB) certifications for quality management education. The B-school has earned a global reputation of imparting high quality management education. It has been playing a pioneering role in professionalizing Indian management through its Post Graduate and Doctoral level programs, Executive Training Programs, Research and Consulting Activities.
The Second Wind (TSW) is an initiative by Times Professional Learning for working professionals who are keen to hone their skills to add value to their work for a more rewarding career.
A Programme for Women Executives by IIM Calcutta, in collaboration with TSW (an executive education initiative of The Times Group) intends to sensitizing participants to the transformation of women in organisations from their current roles to leadership positions by exposing them to both theoretical and applied skills that would ease their navigation through complex process of managerial renovations. In the process, they would engage with a variety of executive dimensions that require leadership vision, self-exploration and understanding skills, applications and articulations. This programme intends to answer the broad question of 'How women should grow as effective leaders in the corporate world'?
There is a need to highlight the fact that only 5% women reach senior leadership positions in organisations. Women executives go through a different career path than men due to the career breaks. There is also a separate set of challenges which women face in the workplace especially at the crucial point when they are about to take the leap to senior leadership positions.
- Empowering women executives to grow into better leaders.
- Giving a legal perspective to working women in India.
- Building participant's leadership potential.
- Building participant's communication skills as a leader.
- Alumni status from IIM Calcutta.
- Live virtual interactive learning platforms as a TSW Centre.
- 6 days of on-campus sessions at IIM Calcutta.
- IIM Calcutta certificate on program completion.
- Blend of lectures, case studies and assignments.
- Convenient schedule for working professionals
The sessions will be delivered through the TPL online platform and through face-to-face sessions at IIM Calcutta campus. Participants will attend the online classes from the TPL centres. The online examinations (if any) will be held at the TPL centres under a proctored environment managed by TPL.
Thursday for 3 hours, 6:45 to 9:45 p.m.
- Working women professionals with at least 5 years of managerial experience in top companies
- Participants demonstrating significant career achievements/ leadership responsibilities
- Women engaged in family business /entrepreneurial activities
MODULE 1: Women in management: An introduction to specific issues women face as they navigate their careers in organizations
MODULE 2: Building one's leadership potential
MODULE 3: Strategic leadership
MODULE 4: Bird's eye view of organizational functions
MODULE 5: Managing in a digital age
MODULE 6: Leadership communication
MODULE 7: Legal and human resource perspectives
MODULE 8: Working women in emerging markets
MODULE 9: Leading and managing teams