IIM Calcutta | Executive Program in Growth Strategies for Business Leaders
- FeeINR 3,15,000 + GST
- Work Experience10 - 30 Years
- Duration6 Months
- Delivery MethodBlended- Online
The Second Wind (TSW) is an initiative by Times Professional Learning for working professionals who are keen to hone their skills to add value to their work for a more rewarding career. TSW's passion for excellence and a brief that "Executive Education Empowers" works hand in hand with the organization's aim to impart knowledge to business professionals nationwide.
The inputs in this programme have been designed with a strategy eye, and a âgeneral managementâ focus. It will deal explicitly with issues of power, control and governance, including designing of such systems as to enable the realization of desired control. Managing and designing the internal systems and environment of the organization as well as designing inter-organizational cooperation and coordination arrangements will be major focus areas of the programme. Managing growth is not only an economic question of organizational financial performance, but extends far beyond into managing identities, aspirations, expectations of various stakeholders around an organization.
- 6-month programme via Interactive Learning platform and 3 in-campus sessions
- Learning through a balance of cutting-edge management theories
- Personal development through reflection and feedback
- Certification and Alumni status by IIM Calcutta
- Networking opportunities with professionals across various industries
- Developing a strategic perspective on aspiring for and executing organizational growth
- Understanding strategic dimensions of growth â especially appreciating differences between conflicts, contests and cooperation underlying growth processes
- Learning to design organizations that are resilient to complexities induced by growth processes
- Appreciating various forms of inter-organizational cooperation underlying rapid growth processes
- Appreciating the softer dimensions of growth â managing identities and aspirations
Who Should Attend
Senior and middle level managers and profit centre heads would find the programme particularly useful. Working professionals wishing to participate in the programme need to have a minimum experience of 10 years. Managers with longer and broader experience would benefit more from the programme.
Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of assessment of educational and professional background and motivation based on the application form submitted. Senior applicants with experience would be preferred.
- Duration: 6 Months
- The classes will be conducted once a week.
> Friday: 6:45 p.m. â 9:45 p.m.
- Pedagogy: The programme will ensure intensive immersion through the Interactive Learning (IL) platform as well as three in-campus modules at IIM Calcutta. Teaching methodologies include
> Case Discussions: Compulsory reading/assignments every week
> Intensive and integrated faculty-guided project work on a live case/problem spread across the course duration
> On-campus face-to-face sessions
> Guest lectures from practitioners
Working executives who are graduates (10+2+3 or equivalent)/post graduates in any discipline with minimum 50% marks, with an experience profile of at least 10 years after graduation are eligible.
Module 1 : What kind of growth do you seek in your organisation?
- Growth driven by the macro-context (such as in a growing economy like India
- Growth engineered by organisational moves of technology or business model innovations
- Limits to growth
- Strategic dimension of growth, including dynamics of conflicts, contests and cooperation
- Understanding the economics of growth processes
- Dynamics of growth and competition in product markets and platform industries
Module 2 : How should you innovate for growth?
- Designing of organisations
- Problems encountered during growth processes at all levels of the organisation
- Designing agile organisations
Module 3 : How to leverage cooperation of other organisations to engineer ecosystem-wide growth?
- Modes of inter-organisational cooperation
- Strategic models of competition
- Understanding standards organisations
- Models of managing and governing distributed knowledge
Module 4 : How would you build bases of support for your growth strategy?
- The complexities of managing changing/shifting identities and aspirations of various stakeholders of an organisation.