Berkeley Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Program
- Work Experience10 - 30 Years
- Duration8 Months
- Delivery MethodBlended- Online
- Course Starts On27 Jun 2019
- Course Closes On17 Jan 2020
The University of California, Berkeley is ranked as one of the world's top public research university. The university offers more than 10,000 undergraduate and graduate courses in more than 300 degree programs, and it ranks among the top five Ph.D.-granting institutions in the U.S. UC Berkeley is also listed at #2 on the U.S. News rankings of "2019 Top Public Schools"
The Berkeley CTO program is designed for experienced participants in technology function to step into senior management roles in their career. Through a unique mixture of theory, practical teaching methods and practitioner interactions, this program delivers the hands-on experience and skills necessary to make that transition.
The program enables participants to take on a more strategic view of their organization's technology architecture and business landscape, enhance their business acumen, develop initiatives to lead the technology transformation and implement the change management towards organizational success.
- Develop an agile and effective technology strategy for your organisation
- Enhance your approach to utilise tools (Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning) to move from data to insights to strategy
- Reinforce your strategic thinking towards enterprise technology architecture, the Cloud, data management, cyber security and privacy
- Develop frameworks to understand and act upon future technology trends
- Enhance skills to manage complex technical projects
- Identify and implement technology solutions to fill in critical organizational gaps
- Improve your leadership and executive presence skills to lead teams, communicate vision and drive change management initiatives
- Complete a Capstone strategy project that explores their own company's technology roadmap
Who should join
The Berkeley Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Program is ideal for the people in functional, technology solution-focused IT roles who are looking to advance their career - with the goal of moving on and moving up into a company-wide leadership role. It provides experienced participants who have already established a decision-making IT role, the hands-on knowledge and experience necessary to step up in their career. The course delivers the business strategy, cutting-edge technology knowledge, leadership skills, and enterprise architecture acumen necessary for managers/leaders to move up to a senior management role.
Examples of the "level up" title this program will provide the skills for are:
- Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Innovation Officer (CIO) or Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Vice President of Information Technology, Vice President of Product Development, or Vice President of Technology
- General Managers, Heads of Functions, Heads of Business Units, Regional Business Heads
- Serve or have served in a senior-level technology executive role
- Have 10+ years of experience
- Have the responsibility of building and deploying technology to serve their enterprises
Virtual kickoff: Jun 27, 2019|via webinar plus work on project 1
Module 1: Aug 5 - 9, 2019|Berkeley Campus
Module 2: Aug 12 - Oct 18, 2019|Online
Module 3: Oct 21 - 25, 2019|Berkeley Campus
Module 4: Oct 28, 2019 - Jan 10, 2020|Online
Module 5: Jan 13 - 17, 2020|Berkeley Campus