- Develops annual sales plans, strategies, and tactics for the region to enhance ORGANIZATIONís competitive position and meet customer needs, in coordination with ORGANIZATIONís national sales and business plans.
- Provides regular updates, revisions and modifications to the plan to upper sales management.
- Partners with various business leaders and distributors to develop sales plans that are valid, effective and realistic objectives that are tied to the overall business objectives and goals.
- Executes the zonal sales plan to meet the objectives of the companyís overall business plan and strategy, including budgeted revenue and revenue: expense ratio goals.
- Recruits, directs, and develops all field sales personnel within the zone to drive individual and group performance.
- Defines and manages the monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives for all field sales personnel and distributors.
- Proactively monitors and reports on issues affecting the zone, including pricing, competitive pressures, distribution, talent, market / industry movements and other business and / or customer challenges that impact zonal performance.
- Consistently works to improve personal knowledge and sales management skills to add greater value to current and potential customers and to ORGANIZATION.
- Facilitates a culture of teamwork and excellence among the ORGANIZATION staff in his / her zone, as well as throughout the organization.
- Provide support and coaching to sales personnel in assigned zone to facilitate a high level of product sales and contribute to corporate and divisional objectives.
- Provide assistance to sales personnel with prospect identification.
- Work with Business Development Managers in the field to provide necessary support and assistance in resolving customer issues and driving performance in accounts.
- Provide overall management of assigned sales zone.
- Perform zonal sales forecasting, analysis, and reporting.
- Contribute to divisional, zonal, and individual goal setting and planning processes.
- Maintain zonal expenses budget and review/approve expense reports.
- Communicate and implement company policies within assigned.zone
- Maintain communication with head office staff and distributors (including their sales personnel) on relevant issues.
- Work directly with permanently or temporarily assigned responsibilities for Corporate Chains (Healthcare Institutions, Insurance Stakeholders) / Major Accounts (e.g. Defence, Central / State Purchases, NGOs, Special Institutional Funds etc.) when necessary, to establish field contact with corporate offices of such entities located within zonal boundaries.
- Proactively monitors amount receivables from distributors & customers, and directs BDMs to take appropriate action to maintain a healthy credit control scenario in the zone.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelorís degree (preferably in Science or paramedical field). 8-12 yrs sales experience, with at least 5 yrs within the medical devices industry (preferably with anesthesiologists and/or intensivists as target audience, while holding a supervisory position). At least 5 yrs of supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated track record for sales growth and new business development.
- Has domain knowledge and preferably experience in selling one or more of the various ORGANIZATION product franchises (e.g. airway management, regional anesthesia, vascular access), and has relevant current contacts in these spaces.
- Is entrepreneurial in approach to the sales leadership role. Is driven by growth opportunities and challenges inherent with building a sales organization in a highly competitive market space.
- Strategic thinker. Believes in taking a logical and comprehensive approach to the sales process. Builds and works from comprehensive zonal sales plans. Able to work with complex issues and create long-term strategies.
- Comfortable in fast changing environments. Can look at issues from a fresh viewpoint and quickly adapt to changes created by the marketplace.
- Has great presence. Uses language effectively to persuade others and build commitment for ideas and initiatives. Makes compelling, convincing cases for his / her positions. Very effective negotiator and dynamic speaker. Captures others on an emotional level.
- Clearly defines expectations and articulates ideas, thoughts and views. Provides frank, direct, and timely feedback to others. Results-oriented.
- Likes to be in charge and be influential. Is driven by achieving extraordinary results and leading others. Excellent aptitude for holding self and others accountable to a high standard of performance.
- Advanced computer skills for use with Email, PowerPoint, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Evaluates market / customer trends within zone and adjusts plans and strategies to maintain and expand opportunities for sales and margin revenue: expenses ratio enhancement.
- Seeks ways to drive innovation into the zone with unique and untested approaches.
- Solid business acumen. Understands the interdependence of ORGANIZATIONís business model, the sales organization, other ORGANIZATION functions and the marketplace, and the importance of the integration of them all.
Planning and Decision Making:
- Direction is generally given by the Director Sales & Marketing, and National Sales Manager through goals or objectives taking several weeks or months to achieve. This position is responsible to ensure that zonal monthly, quarterly and annual sales and revenue:expenses ratio objectives are met.
- Manages his/her time in the field with individual sales personnel as well as focusing time on the strategic sales challenges and opportunities.
Impact and Scope:
- Provide human resource management and supervision of sales personnel within assigned zone including recruitment and selection, training and development, coaching, feedback, and performance management.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers in the zone.
- Act as a liaison between head office and field to ensure effective two-way communication.
- Work is constrained by corporate policies and procedures including corporate ethics policies, sales policies, credit policies, and pricing policies.
Please send your resume to email@example.com