We are looking for VP-Product Management for a product development company in Bangalore.
Vice President – Product Management
Vice President – Product Management will be responsible for driving product definitions, requirements, design and delivery of new and/or current Flipkart offerings for customers.
- You will play a quarterback role in partnering with all cross functional leaders and team members to deliver the approaches required for offerings to succeed in the market and also as a change catalyst to establish product offerings in the market.
- The role will be measured by delivering high quality, innovative solutions which delight our customers and are adopted by the market and competitively differentiated.
- Managing timely deliverables with strong communication and cross functional partnering skills with the ability to gain shared vision on challenging decisions which impact various teams and offerings. Success will require closely engaging the market (distribution channels) and our customers, to define and drive delivery of products which are considered necessities for our customers.
- Create new offerings by demonstrating cohesive end-to-end thinking to set the offering strategy and partner closely with cross functional teams to define the work required to successfully deliver and realize a winning offering. Intuitively gauge a project’s scope, constraints and ability to execute and plan for changes that improve the efficiency of the offering creation
- Drive and have a passion for customer and user engagement while researching new products and ongoing improvements which draws out unmet or undeserved needs, with a deliberate plan to learn quickly and define delighting factors that will make the product a unique, indispensable solution for customers
- Be the expert for complete product solutions space by thoroughly knowing the product functionality, constraints, business process, value, customer profile and industry domain (across core processes), how it’s used and where it meets or fails to meet customer needs, help teams solve problems through problem domain expertise
- Collaborate and serve as a thought partner with cross functional teams and leaders in developing and delivery of offerings, building a road-map that meets desired market requirements and business objectives
- Track interesting trends on emerging product offerings that are relevant for Flipkart's business
- Strong consumer business acumen and an ability to architect product offerings in tune with consumer needs
- Experienced in articulating the business goals and cascading them down the organization appropriately so that every person in the organization is appropriately stretched to achieve outcomes
- Smart decision making skills and knows how to build shared vision with the team on tough choices, trade-offs and to be able to learn from them
- Possess exceptional judgment and apply the same to technical, strategy and business issues
- Experience in driving brand new offerings - from concept and ideation to successful market launches, growth and ongoing management
- Customer-driven innovation based on understanding unique customer needs; defining and driving the desired end-to-end customer experience
- Considers upstream and downstream operational impacts as decision inputs - balances long-term vs. short-term objectives
- Strong planning acumen and a self-starter that clearly prioritizes against product delivery goals and manages the overall market launch program
- Communication strengths to anticipate needs and ensure teams have the information they need to be effective, presents effectively to executives and cross-functional leaders
- Adaptability and change leadership, modifying approach as needed, independently creating a plan to drive desired outcomes, surfacing unstated or subtle differences in opinion, making implicit issues explicit, creating shared vision within teams
- Demonstrated success in a highly challenging environment. Specifically, can show experience as to how he/she can adapt to many differing personalities as well as differing goals and intentions while influencing and partnering to drive the best product offerings for the company, strengthening long term success.
- Operational effectiveness by demonstrating effective project management skills for complex projects, anticipates likely risks, putting mitigation plans in place, drives recommendations and proactive communication of issues to leadership
B.E/MS/MBA or equivalent
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Prashanth Kumar | Wenger & Watson Inc. I Discover Infinite Possibilities
# 67-6-817, “Girija” 2nd Floor, 80 Ft road, 8th Block, Koramangala, Bangalore -560 095.