Discipline - Banking
Subsector - Banking Operations
Location - Mumbai
About our Client - Our client is a high-profile worldwide leading financial institution with significant presence in India. Due to constant expansion and to bring their business to even greater heights in India, an outstanding opportunity has arisen for a seasoned Prime Finance candidate to take on a pioneer leadership role.
Job Description - The position reports into the Director - Prime Finance and you will be leading a team of 150+ professionals. In addition, the role requires you to:
- Build and leverage a deep knowledge of the Prime Brokerage, Stock Lending and Synthetic Equity domain working with department heads and engaging key stakeholders in projects and initiatives
- Be informed of upcoming regulatory changes affecting the Equity product and interpreting that change to understand the impact on operations
- New Products/Business/Industry Initiatives - Working with the business as well as operations to understand the impact of new products or flows on the operational environment and assisting in the management of changes to ensure the business is managed with minimal risk and manual processing
- Strategic Initiatives - Working with global stakeholders to identify, own and implement a number of key strategic initiatives for the prime finance function on the whole
- Optimize the operating model, remodel the settlement flow to reduce external messaging charges or technology rationalization
- Productivity/Process Improvement - Working with support groups in India as well as operations to understand the reason for exceptions at a granular level and to drive process improvement as well as a list of required technology enhancements
- Technology Enhancements - Work with the global team to identify, prepare business cases and assist in the prioritisation of changes to the various technology platforms
- Risk Management - Working with the head of operations leveraging domain expertise to ensure that risk is managed in an optimal way identifying and removing legacy controls or processes
The Successful Candidate -
- You are a graduate in any discipline with a MBA - Finance or CA (preferred).
- You will have more than 12 years experience in Investment Banking/Trade Finance/Prime Brokerage functions.
- In addition you are expected to have in-depth understanding of Prime Brokerage, Stock Lending and Synthetic Equity products.
- You will have typically held a number of operational leadership roles within the prime finance.
- You are someone with a great track record and relationships with external market participants like agent banks, messaging networks or technology providers.
- You bring a detailed understanding of industry initiatives such as Broker Matching.
- You have working knowledge of Global 1, Pirum and Equilend systems.
- You have the ability to work under pressure and communicate well, being accurate and concise, ability to deliver to tight and demanding deadlines.
- An experience of working in a high volume environment with minimum supervision maintaining high motivation levels will be a plus.
- You must be a strong team player and motivator who has a great track record of mentoring big teams.
What's on Offer - This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career and bring it to the next step within one of the most prestigious financial institutions in the world. Our client will provide excellent career path and a high level of internal mobility (locally as well as internationally) for the high performers. Besides you will enjoy a dynamic, international and exciting work environment with constant challenging opportunities. Candidates with the right attitude and experience will be offered a highly competitive package.
To Apply - Click here to apply