VP Market Research (Primary Research – Technology Practice)
Blueocean Market Intelligence
About Blueocean Market Intelligence
blueocean market intelligence combines the talent, speed, and cost benefit of a flat world to deliver a fresh approach to business decision-making. Integrating a full suite of advanced primary research services with existing research, secondary sources, and user-generated content, Blueocean delivers real insights affordably. With a growing base of Fortune 100 clients blueocean is already one of the largest MR companies, and our stated goal is to become a Honomichl top 25 research agency in the next 3 years. blueocean has offices in Phoenix, Seattle and Bangalore.
blueocean market intelligence is a subsidiary company of Cross-Tab, a global leader of market research services. The company has evolved and grown rapidly and has gained some notable successes in the U.S. by providing world-class and cost effective market research services to major corporations and research agencies. In addition to blueocean market intelligence, the cross-tab group also operates Borderless Access panels (a leading provider of emerging markets panels) and Informate mobile intelligence (built on a unique smartphone metering technology). The company is headquartered in India and is widely regarded as one of the fastest growing knowledge services company in India and is the only market research company on the Fortune list of 100 top outsourcers. The US presence of Blueocean has been growing steadily with business development, client services and delivery teams already present in some of the key cities.
Job Title - VP Market Research
Department - Technology and Telecom Practice
Location - Bangalore, India
Reports to - Bangalore based lead of blueocean technology practice
- Lead and manage all the primary research teams catering to the technology clients of blueocean
- Deliver world class research services to clients, and ensure the highest standards of client services
- Grow the primary research practice in line with stated growth goals of blueocean.
- Successful market research VP/AVP/Senior Director/Senior Manager, with a proven track record of managing large primary research teams
- Proven experience in growing accounts rapidly, consistently and profitably
- Strong research skills and thought leadership to manage research design discussions with global clients
- Willing to adapt/ be flexible to cultural differences
Job objectives and responsibilities in detail
Deliver world class research services to clients, and ensure the highest standards of client services
- Develop structured research offerings to take the primary research services to clients
- Set-up world class processes and systems to ensure efficient and effective project delivery, as well as scalability
- Ensure that the existing clients are provided with world class services, consistently
- Ensure that the work blueocean delivers to the clients, deliver insights and provide business value to the clients.
- Set-up metrics and review mechanisms to track client satisfaction and proactively address issues
- Effectively communicate and develop personal rapport and relationships with prospective clients.
- Develop, enhance and demonstrate strong understanding of blueocean market intelligence vision, approach and service offerings.
- Develop and demonstrate thorough understanding of the technology space. Further develop and demonstrate a very good understanding of the business priorities and market research needs of technology companies, and how to map these to blueocean offerings.
- Provide market research backed consulting to clients and deliver business impact
Lead and manage all the primary research teams catering to the technology clients of blueocean
- Take over the management of existing primary research teams in the technology practice of blueocean. (Around 40 researchers)
- Develop a second layer of leadership for managing the key clients
- Set-up and develop a qualitative research capability
- Hire best in class talent and develop the skills of the teams and build up a world class primary research team.
Grow the primary research practice in line with stated growth goals of blueocean
- Grow the existing engagements with global clients
- Work with the business development team and develop and pursue new clients.
- Develop a strong pipeline of prospective clients with a long term vision of building strategic relationship with major technology corporations
- Ensure that new project bids are presented strongly through world class well designed proposals.
- Grow the existing business to a greater level in terms of revenue
- Thorough follow ups are required for each valid prospect.
- Have a focus on converting ad-hoc engagements into annuity type of contracts
- Actively work on cross selling the various service offerings from blueocean.
Measures of performance
- Meeting and exceeding goals related to revenues, client wins and client satisfaction.
- Ability to lead by example and manage/mentor reports and peers
- Takeover the complete leadership of the primary research teams so that the lead of the technology practice can become completely hands-off from the day to day research operations
- Market research expertise. The candidate should be very strong in market research methodologies and analytical design. Candidate must be able to effectively discuss, develop and present research designs and research analysis to global clients
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Strong customer service background.
- Demonstrated record of success in growing accounts
- At least 12 years’ experience in market research. At least 4 years in a VP / Senior Manger role with revenue and P&L responsibilities
- Excellent and engaging communication skills, ability to build quick rapport with current and potential clients
- Willing to adapt/ be flexible to cultural differences
Other key Skills
- Exposure to global clients, and multi country research
- Experience in managing online research
- Good understanding of technology domain
- Ability to ask effective questions to understand client problems and offer compelling solutions
- Positive attitude: pursues meetings goals and quotas with self-confidence and resolve
- Ability to quickly adapt when facing resistance or changing prospect/customer priorities
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to influence teams globally (in the US and India)
Location - Bangalore
Please send your resume to email@example.com