Job Position: VP Licensing, Retail & Merchandising
- To provide overall leadership and direction to the department and achieve the business goals of the organization.
- Will be key player in the overall strategy of Park operation and future vision of the company
- Plan and execute grounds up the complete business plan of the Licensing, Retail and
Merchandising vertical of the park.
- Will be involved in conceptualizing, Identifying and creating merchandising products for each attraction.
- Hands on involvement in Buying and Merchandising strategy and to manage the development and implementation of a divisional strategy consistent with group objectives.
- To contribute to the development of an exclusive assortment in line with the objectives and to meet the strategy of the Theme park
- To pro-actively seek out and develop new business opportunities for the division.
Financial Planning and Management
- To ensure that all divisional financial planning are developed in line with market trends and reconciled with corporate budgets within the agreed planning calendar.
- To ensure that each division projections are as per the current trading conditions
and to develop contingency plans that will ensure that the divisional net margin plan can be achieved.
- Oversee the trading process, balancing risks and opportunities in order to ensure that profitability is maximized and net margin projections are exceeded.
- Manage stock plans with the overall park capacity.
Product Development and Design
- Manage the sourcing and development of own label ranges consistent with the product strategy that through a balance of choice, value, quality, fashion ability and desirability, continuously exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Ensure that each divisional space plans are developed with optimum ranges to be displayed while delivering the required returns per square foot.
- To ensure that each department has the offer and a balanced mix of low, medium and high-risk product appropriate to the customer segment and that the true performance potential of each option has been identified and planned.
- To manage the development of the business along with supplier strategy and to ensure that each division develops genuine and sustainable partnerships with its chosen suppliers and brands.
- Ensure group supplier strategy is in line with divisional strategy and intervene and resolve any supplier dispute.
- Evaluation, selection and development of each supplier’s performance.
- To provide clear leadership and motivation to all members of the divisional team.
- To ensure that the skills of each divisional team are fully developed through a balance of training and coaching.
- Manage continuity by creating next level leaders, ensuring succession plan is maintained for each division, balancing individual expectations with group needs.
- Responsible for clear communication of all corporate objectives to each division
team members and to ensure effective communication system is created within each department and division.
- To ensure that the agreed personal development plans of department are achieved.
- To contribute to the development of the group promotion plan and to ensure that it is efficiently executed within the department, maintaining at all times a mix of innovation and excitement which enhances customer’s perception of the Theme park while delivering measurable increases in performance.
- To maintain a detailed and informed awareness of market and product trends.
- To seek out and consider the interests of both internal and external customers at all times and to act as the primary point of contact should any issues relating to the department.
- To ensure best practices and processes are initiated and developed within the department.
- To manage budgeted departmental expenditure within agreed levels.
- Marketing – Events and promotions
- Finance – Vendor finalizing, Negotiation Payments and Reconciliation
- Human Resources – Team Training Coaching and Development
- Buying & Merchandising Team
- Distribution Centre
- Operations Managers
- IT – Planning
- Vendor – Manufacturer / Distributors/ Brands
Reports directly to: MD, Directors, CEO and the COO
Manages directly: Complete Merchandising and Retail Team
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Minimum 12 to 22 years of experience in Retail and Licensing.
- Should have understanding of Merchandising to oversee.
- MBA or Equivalent Retail Degree
- Recent trends in Retail and hospitality
- New Sources of merchandising
- Updating self on matters relating to Retail & Merchandising
- Strong Execution Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Analytical mind
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Drafting skills
- Computer skills
- Report writing skills
- Strategic Perspective
- Strong Customer Orientation
- Strong Commercial Acumen
- Science of Retailing
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org