Discipline - Banking
Subsector - Compliance & Regulatory
Location - Mumbai
About our Client - Our client is a leading domestic private equity business who have recently closed their second fund in India. With the hugely successfully deployment of their primary fund, they are looking to bring onboard a legal specialist to strengthen their compliance division.
Job Description - Reporting to the Director of Legal, Compliance, Audit and Secretarial, you will be responsible for:
- Providing timely and quality legal support to Investment & Business teams with focus on working on transactions/deals for investment and divestments.
- Ability to handle and provide advice independently to Business Teams
- Proactively advising Business Teams on changes in regulations which impact financial services sector.
- Ability to liaise independently with Law firms, seek opinion, conduct due diligence, negotiate engagements and mandates.
- Act as FPR from Legal for a particular designated Fund and provide overall legal support on all issues that come up within the Fund including those of Investee Companies within that Fund.
- Ensuring statutory compliance with no reputational impact on the organization
The Successful Candidate - You should have a total of 10 - 15 years of experience, ideally within the private equity, venture capital or financial services industry. You will have a track record of successfully and independently drafting legal documents/agreements, have significant experience in client facing scenarios and be up to date in recent changes within corporate law. You will be entrepreneurial in nature, have excellent communication skills and be a specialist within the industry.
What's on Offer - Market leading compensation, a fast track career to head the department and full leadership development training.
To Apply - http://www.michaelpage.co.IN/controller?event=JOB_APPLY_EXT&ref=I28740&source=ONL_IIMJOBS