Vice President, Equity Research Consulting
About Copal Partners
Copal Partners (a part of the Moody’s group ) is the largest offshore financial analytics & research company and has approximately 1,400 professionals and over 100 clients, including several global bulge bracket investment banks, hedge funds, private equity funds, consulting firms and Fortune 500 corporations.
Copal Partners serves clients from its offices in the US, UK, Argentina, Dubai, India, and Mauritius. Clients include 6 of the top 10 global bulge bracket investment banks, and a number of billion + hedge and private equity funds
Copal’s management team includes individuals with experience in companies such as McKinsey & Co, GE Capital, UBS and Deutsche Bank
Minority shareholders include: Deutsche Bank, Citigroup, and Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
For further details, please visit our website: www.copalpartners.com
The Opportunity -
Copal is looking for a VP level candidate to head a new equity research engagement. The client is one of the top ranked independent equity research firms on the street which has a consulting driven deep dive approach to research.
Selected candidate will be responsible for heading this team, training associates/analysts and providing high level operational guidance. The opportunity is ideal for a consulting professional interested in taking up a leadership role in an investment research organization.
The deliverable from this team will be similar to a consulting deck, requiring both primary and second research and analysis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Structuring a process to bring consulting driven work into Equity Research
- Client interaction
- Quality control & improvement
- Developing new capabilities / new research products
- Staffing teams
- Training/ coaching / mentoring
Key skills / competencies required:
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and management skills
- Proven track record of adapting consulting best practices into new areas
- Exposure to a variety of sectors and preferably geographies
- Comfort in working across cultures
- Financial analysis skills and strong business fundamentals
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to draw conclusions from imperfect information
Location - Copal’s Gurgaon offices
- Around four years of strategic consulting experience in firms such as McKinsey, Bain, BCG, LEK, Marakon and Parthenon
- CA plus CFA or MBA from a top tier business school
We would like to include the following details in the job applications that we are receiving for all the requirements:
The location for the position is Gurgaon.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com