Company: Bessemer Venture Partners
Venture Capital Analyst (Pre-MBA role)
Bessemer Venture Partners (BVP) is the oldest venture capital practice in the United States. With offices in Silicon Valley, Boston, New York, Tel Aviv, Mumbai and Bangalore, the firm manages more than five billion dollars of venture funds, carrying on a tradition of hands-on, active venture investing that has continued since 1911.
BVP is seeking an investment analyst to join the firm. The analyst role is ideal for an entrepreneurial, competitive self-starter who is outgoing, curious and charismatic. The position is located in the firm’s Bangalore office.
Analysts interact with over 500 entrepreneurs each year in an effort to source new investments for the firm in their primary role. They review industry publications and evaluate tradeshows to identify promising companies. Responsibilities also include investment analysis and due diligence while working closely with the firm’s other investment professionals.
- BA/BS from IITs/St. Stephen’s/SRCC or other reputed undergraduate institutions.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Significant campus leadership experience and extra-curricular achievements.
- Aptitude for technology.
- An understanding of economics and accounting, but neither majoring nor extensive study in these areas is required.
- The position requires a two-three year commitment
- One to two years of prior work experience at a leading investment bank, consulting firm or technology company is preferred
Benefits of Analyst Position
- Exposure to the complete venture capital process
- Direct interactions with General Partners and Principals on 2-3 person teams
- Opportunity to co-invest in Bessemer deals (historic returns among the best in venture capital)
- Access to large network of successful entrepreneurs
- Ability to have immediate impact as a professional
- Excellent experience in the nascent and fast-growing Indian VC / PE industry
About Bessemer Venture Partners
Bessemer was an early investor in dozens of companies that have fundamentally changed industries, including Linkedin, Yelp, Pinterest, Skype, Verign, Staples, American Superconductor, Ciena, Gartner Group, Ingersoll Rand, International Paper, Maxim, Parametric, Perseptive Biosystems, Veritas, W.R. Grace. More than 100 Bessemer companies have gone public. Additional information on the firm is available at www.bvp.com.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the job requirements, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact professionals at the firm directly.