We have an urgent opening in a leading FMCG/CD company for the position of Sr.Trade Marketing Manager based at Mumbai.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
(Summarise in one or two sentences why the position exists.)
To drive consistency and best practice in the development and implementation of trade promotions in conjunction with the sales and marketing teams. To manage the production of point of sale and visual merchandising materials and facilitate the delivery of effective and consistent sales and promotional tools and information to the trade.
KEY RESULT AREAS
(Categorize the job into no more than 5 main areas of responsibility.)
2.Brand and Retail Promotions
5.Global Account Plan tracking
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Expand on the above key result areas by listing the duties and responsibilities the incumbent will undertake.)
- Liaise with marketing and sales on visual merchandising requirements and the allocation of budget.
- Liaise with the USA trade marketing team personnel to ensure that local visual merchandising materials are consistent with US brand style guides.
- Manage the production and repair of visual display fixtures and fittings
- Manage the production of point of sale (POS) materials such as show cards, shelf strips, posters, stickers, etc
- Estimate costs and quantities.
- Brief suppliers and negotiate costs.
- Liaise with operations and coordinate distribution of visual merchandising materials in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manage inventory of visual merchandising materials.
- Analyse the effectiveness of various visual merchandising materials and recommend changes as necessary.
- Assist in the coordination of internal and external trade events such as Toy Fair, Pre Toy Fair, etc.
- Identify new and emerging trends in visual merchandising which may be appropriate for Mattel.
Brand and Retail Promotions
- Assist account managers in ‘selling’ target marketing concepts to retailers.
- Develop consistent promotional tools and disciplines across all brand and retailer promotions.
- Develop and manage retailer promotions in conjunction with the relevant sales and marketing personnel.
- Facilitate the interaction between marketing and sales in the design and implementation of all consumer promotions.
- Project manage the execution of promotions as appropriate.
- Liaise with the Field Sales team and ensure that appropriate POS materials are provided to retailers in a timely manner.
- Liaise with marketing and sales personnel to determine allocation and usage of the visual merchandising budget.
- Manage the visual merchandising budget ensuring that appropriate materials are provided in a cost effective manner.
- Advise sales and marketing of the status of the trade marketing budget monthly by brand and by account.
- Coordinate the design, production and distribution of selling aids such as sell sheets, trade fliers, literature, brochures, etc.
- Manage the Mattel digital image database and provide appropriate images to staff and retailers as required.
- Manage the Mattel catalogue of style guides, artwork, photographs, publications, etc. and provide appropriate materials to staff and retailers as required.
- Manage the ordering, usage, cleaning and storage of costumes.
(List the competencies that are essential to the effective fulfillment of the job role, not necessarily those of the current incumbent.)
MBA/ PGDBM with Sales & Marketing specialization from a reputed institute
Experience, Knowledge, Skills Required:
- 5-8 Experience in sales, marketing or trade marketing, total experience required 12-15 years
- Know mechanics of merchandising, category management and marketing.
- Sound planning skills.
- Strategizing skills
- Good business/financial acumen.
- Good analytical skills.
- Sound negotiation skills.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly computer literate - proficient in Word, Excel, Access,.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Budgeting skills.
Personal Attributes Required:
- Team oriented.
- Hands on approach.
- Strong attention to detail, follows tasks through to completion.
- Sound interpersonal skills - able to develop strong working relationships with others at all levels.
- Self Awareness - aware of personal impact on others.
- Well organised.
- Tenacious, results oriented.
- Good judgement, lateral thinker.
- Self control - assertive without being aggressive; calm, tactful and diplomatic.
- Service minded.
- Open to change.
- Proactive – self-motivated, displays initiative and innovation orientation.
MBA with specialization in sales and marketing.
Interested candidates please reply back with your updated resume at email@example.com